Sign in to follow this  
Coppola

Dissidence Ruleset (version 4) - 23/06

This ruleset was created to make hitconfirms more balanced in a way. Me and Justice, the individuals that came up with this ruleset's first version, felt that high bravery builds with side by side and/or huge depletion made blocks too much rewarding and discouraged being agressive for the one who got hit by an hp attack, while a bravery attack have very little rewards (to prove that, the parameter people use in most situations to assist change out of an attack is if its hp or bravery damage).  Besides, having your assist locked can become unnecesary 15 seconds of running/camping/waiting. We wanted something different from jp ranked too, so we buffed ex through custom ruleset and damage through builds. I also thought that the critcal attack system is not balanced because of frame differences, attack position and guard breaking properties that some characters have and others dont for absolutely no reason but Square Enix being dumb.

Now I will show the complete changelog of the Dissidence ruleset in its current version (v3). I am always up for discussions about what should be changed to make the ruleset better.

Ruleset (values of the options when you start making a new ruleset) - The original values will be on the right

Initial Stage Bravery - 50 (100)

Stage Bravery Recovery Time - 100 (100)

Banish Trap Damage - 100 (100)

Warp Damage - 100 (100)

Critical Hit Rate - 0 (100) - That disables crtis in EVERYTHING, including block punishes and ex burst

Critical Damage - 100 (100)

Ex Core Appearence Rate - 100 (100)

Ex Core Absorption - 200 (100)

Ex Force Absortion - 200 (100)

Ex Mode Duration - 25 (20)

Wall Rush Damage - 25 (25)

Bravery Bonus - 10 (10)

Stage Bravery - 100 (100)

Assist Break Rate - 100 (100)

Ex Break Rate - 0 (100)

Assist Gauge Charge (Attack) - 100 (100) NEW - Back to version 3 values through attractorb accessory

Assist Gauge Charge (Hit) - 400 (100) NEW - Balanced through attractorb accessory

Assist Lock Duration - 0 (100)

Assist Gauge Depletion Rate - 100 (100)

Ex Damage From Assist - 200 (100)

Ex Revenge Duration - 1 (5) NEW - You can't build massive amounts of bravery through EXR and finish with an hp

Now, BAN EVERYTHING ELSE (summons, artefacts, bonus, equips), EXCEPT what is on the following build, makes sure people are on track when dissidence ruleset is selected

Using reverse dash to build assist is banned.

NEW - The only allowed extra skills are Precision types, Equipment Master types, Exp to Ex Force and Bravery Regen.

Dissidence v4 Build Example (don't mind the lack of assist and choice of moves):

dissidence_v4.png.56823ffbe95568a9ba838cb09ede4adc.png

In my tournaments I made a rule to ban top tier assist as well, but that was to give the games some fresh air and rare to see combos. That may balance something too, like reducing the rewards on assist punishing that the low tiers suffer so much. The top tier assist are: Kuja, Jecht, Yuna, Aerith, Sephiroth and Tidus.

I made a savefile with everything set up to avoid insane work (I don't promise the best setups regarding skills):  https://tinyurl.com/yabm8b3u

Also thinking of adding Ex Defense (DFF mechanic) and disable assist charges through codes for matches.

Well, feel free to expose your thoughts posting here about what change you would apply, or if the ruleset is godlike/trash/whatever

Edited by Coppola
  • Upvote 2

What are your thoughts on changing the values for Banish Trap/Warp Damage to discourage camping on Banish Traps to restore jumps?

I really didn't think about them, people usually avoid stages with banish traps anyway. Jumps can be reset with quickmove as well.

I created an account just to express how much me and my friends like this ruleset. Not sure if it applies to everybody else but it minimized camping for us (well we frown on camping anyway). Personally, what I really like is how we can enter EX mode more frequently and longer since we can actually utilize the EX Mode's unique effects per character (such as Garland having an armor against Bravery attacks to prevent interruption during his attack animations).

I hope you can check our matches sometime. I've uploaded a few. :)

• Upvote 4