Sign in to follow this  
S-Factor

Don't like Dissidia NT? Don't keep quiet about it. MAKE SqEnix hear your thoughts.

(Disclaimer: This isn't about hating NT. Its about making SqEnix see that there are a lot of fans who don't want to be ignored. Reasonable, right?) Yes, Dissidia NT is what it is, and no amount of complaining can change that.

However, not everyone is happy with the way NT turned out. In fact, I've seen more people than I can count thus far, who are as disappointed as I am by the drastically different direction that NT took from what was already established.

Even so, there's no point in being hateful towards those who like NT as it is, nor should any NT fans be hateful to those who voice their dislike for the game. "To each their own."

But that doesn't mean that those of us who wanted a sequel to the previous two Dissidia titles (in feel and focus) have to just roll over in the dirt and be silent with our wishes for the sake of not triggering NT fans.

If you were disappointed by Square Enix's decisions, regarding NT, be vocal about it in streams, forums, and any other Dissidia/Square Enix channels. Don't buy NT. Instead buy Duodecim on PSP/PS Vita/PS TV, if you don't already have it, and use PS3 to buy/transfer the add-on content. SqEnix has community managers and other Western employees who see fan feedback and relay that to the Japanese branch as well as the PSN purchase data for the older titles. The louder we are, and the more we vote with our wallets, the more likely they may notice that there IS notable demand for a true Duodecim sequel.

Pro-NT people may not like it, they may flame you and try to silence you for having a differing opinion from them. But that shouldn't stop you from excercising your right to your own opinion. They are getting their game, so they shouldn't try to stop us from attempting to get ours.

If we never speak up about our thoughts, and what we wanted out of a Dissidia sequel, we'll never have any chance of getting that game and our only course of action will be to ignore NT and play the old PSP games (which will never be updated or supported by SqEnix).

You're completely right when you said that people shouldn't be hateful towards each other, in this case based to the preferred game. I can't allow such toxic division within the community, so everyone better know that straight up.

Be constructive, not destructive.

Not buying NT doesn't help PSP Dissidia by the way, it just hurts the entire series. Buying the PSP games, however, is a great idea which I initiate and support whenever there's an opportunity.

At the same time, buying NT only tells SqEnix that the game's new direction/focus is what every buyer wanted or is okay with.

Therefore, people like me, who don't like the new direction (as a Dissidia game) are put in a catch 22 lose-lose scenario. We buy the game to support the Dissidia name and give SqEnix the false idea that we want 3v3 and simplified individual gameplay,  or refuse to buy it and potentially hurt our chances of getting another Dissidia game, which will most likely not go back to 1v1 anyway.

Its true helplessness, as a fan of something you love, and something that those who like NT can't possibly understand nor have any right to speak on, unless they've been in the same situation with a different franchise altogether (which doesn't often happen, as most franchises remain largely the same and encrementally evolve rather than going through drastic changes in focus).

Its just really unfortunate that SqEnix had to divide the Dissidia fanbase with their design decisions for NT. Its very reminiscent of the situation with Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl/Sm4sh. A community divided in order to gain new ones from a different type of crowd, who may not have payed the previous entries any mind (or may not have even been alive at the time).

It can make the long-time fans, like myself, who have loved the series since its inception (and for many of the aspects that were removed in NT) feel like our endless hours spent on the games, and the passion we had for the series, is rewarded with nothing but betrayal and being forsaken if we don't cast aside any wishes for the things we loved Dissidia for.

And on top of that, the reactions that fans like me inevitably receive, from those who like the new direction (whether they be old fans or not) practically says that if we don't accept the new direction and follow the crowd, then we don't matter, our opinions don't matter, and our only other choice is to shut up and go back to our "dead game".

Its the worst situation for a fan to be in, and SqEnix forced it upon us. It could have been so easily avoided if they had made just NT under a completely different title, as its own Final Fantasy spin-off, and then either let Dissidia rest or made a true sequel to Duodecim as a natural evolution rather than a complete focus change.

Edited by Davis1228

Personally, I want the game to do well so we can get more in the future,
but I definitely feel they just waved away all of us who wanted the complex 1v1 fight style to return which simply makes me sad :/

The 3v3 format with all my characters being gutted while not introducing anything new is probably why it just bums me out.
Even with optional 1v1 , the game isn't balanced for it and it wont play well with their design choices if you try to take 1v1 seriously.

I had patiently waited and hoped something would change for the fans of the PSP games, but it never happened... and Dissidia as a series went from my favorite thing ever > nothing but another disappointment.

Hope the game sells well and I hope they take note that the original fans never wanted this.
Either way... I will be skipping AE as having to rely on teammates simply isn't for me.

Good luck to you out there that enjoy it <3

Edited by Mericus
grammar
  • Upvote 1

On 1/20/2018 at 1:10 PM, Mericus said:

Personally, I want the game to do well so we can get more in the future,
but I definitely feel they just waved away all of us who wanted the complex 1v1 fight style to return which simply makes me sad :/

The 3v3 format with all my characters being gutted while not introducing anything new is probably why it just bums me out.
Even with optional 1v1 , the game isn't balanced for it and it wont play well with their design choices if you try to take 1v1 seriously.

Sadly, from a business standpoint, if NT does well then SqEnix will take that as supporting data that the new 3v3 focus was the right choice for more than just the Japanese arcade crowd. All that would do is practically guarantee that eny future entries will be more similar to NT than Duodecim.
They have absolutely no reason to even consider doing a sequel that feels more like Duodecim unless those of us who want that are loud enough and MAKE SqEnix hear us. And, even then, the chances of getting what we want are very low.

Its a lose-lose situation, for those of us who want something that feels like the natural evolution of Duodecim. Our only choices are to either accept and support the new direction, for the sake of supporting the Dissidia name, or remove our support for the newest entry in a series we loved.

Honestly, with the way FF15 was originally received (before all the DLC content and updates filled out the experience), FF14 being a monthly subscription MMO (which I can't get my money's worth in, due to life and fluctuating monthly amounts of gaming time), and KH3 being in development for so long, the last several years of SqEnix has been mostly disappointments for me.

I probably will be second-guessing purchasing any of their products from now on.
At this point, if I ever buy Nier Automata or Star Ocean 5, it'll be used, so that they won't get my money.

They're gonna have to earn me back, either by Kingdom Hearts 3 being absolutely amazing, releasing a sequel to Duodecim in feel just as much as in name, or adding more Duodecim elements into NT's 1v1 mode as well as 1v1 matchmaking.

Edited by Davis1228