TKG09

Genesis - DDFF Major Tournament

I'm very happy with the number of sign ups. We're almost at 32 which would be great.

I'm going to post some TO guidelines. Since I won't be working alone, it's good to have everyone on the same page. This post is not 100% complete as I can't predict everything that can possibly go wrong. There might be a situation where we play by ear.

When playing a set, a TO does not necessarily need to be present. But if any issues come up, one of them should be contacted.

Double blind

Ideally should be done by someone in the TO team. But if one is not available, it's ok for players to do with another third person

In-game Rules violation

When someone breaks an in-game rule such as 1 hit chase or Counter Summons only. The match should stop immediately when such thing is detected. At this point, there are two options:

1- If the person who did not break the rule agrees to it, the match is to be redone

2- Otherwise, that person takes that game as a win. This is a win of that individual game, not the set.

When redoing a game, use the same matchup and the same stage. No customization is allowed, except in the case where someone used a summon. That player should customize to change their summon, but nothing else about their build.

Mid game disconnections

The game is to be replayed under the same guidelines as above. An exception is a DC that happens while one of the players has lethal - that is, all they need to do to win the game is finish a combo they already started. In that case, the player with lethal wins the game.

Rage-quits

The offender loses the entire set with a 0-3 score in the case of a rage quit. Note that while DCing is a way of RQing, not every DC is an RQ. Telling a legit DC from a non-legit one takes tact from the TO.

Match scheduling

When a match is not completed within the deadline, the TO team will decide who advances. Though this is not entirely objective, there are criteria which guide the decision making. The main criteria is proactiveness. If one players makes an effort to schedule the match and the other does not, the first deserves to advance. If both are being proactive, but can't manage a time within the deadline, the extension option can be considered. However, we will not give them out like candy.

In cases where it's hard to decide, a player's past history with scheduling conflicts can be used as a factor. In the cases where it can't be decided, or if neither player was active, a coinflip will be used.

This post will be updated as more things are decided.

Brackets will be up shortly.

I will allow prediction brackets since they are fun. Predictions will close as soon as the first result is reported. There is no prize to making the best prediction other than bragging rights.

Brackets will be up shortly.

I will allow prediction brackets since they are fun. Predictions will close as soon as the first result is reported. There is no prize to making the best prediction other than bragging rights.