HYNE

Site feedback

Hello guys, happily joined today and had a look around the site. It feels pretty copacetic enough but I hope you guys don't mind me just going for it and giving some feedback.

• FORUM NAMES

Instead of having the forum sections named exactly as they are intended, would it not be a good idea to title them after Dissidia related things? For example: Dissidia Network > Mognet, Dissidia Community > Order's Sanctuary, etc. (these are just examples)

I think it would make it more interesting to bring a more "Dissidia Like" feel throughout the forum.

• DISSIDIA FORUM

This forum has me a little mehed out. Sticking "Creative" in there is quite baffling since the section should be largely dedicated to general Dissdia discussion topics, as indicated by "News" & "Competitive". "Creative" looks odd there and seems to stick out like an awkward relative or something. The Creative corner should have its own forum section as is the norm.

Lastly, what features are in the planning for the site? Will there be future add ons, themes, features that could be used as awards/community incentives? Is the aim of this site to build up a community of members or is the aim something else entirely?

Sorry for just dropping in like a sack of potatoes, but I guess that's my new style. I thought about going in like "The Newcomer" but it felt like an odd thing to do. :D

• Upvote 3

I think the "creative" under "Dissidia" is meant for modding? It would be weird to not have something dedicated to modding since it's something a lot of people quite enjoy about this game.

Love the simple design, I see this being much better to view on my mobile phone, hated the old site on there O_O

now we just need to get the entire planet on here, and then we can finally take over the world xD

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TKG09 said:

I think the "creative" under "Dissidia" is meant for modding? It would be weird to not have something dedicated to modding since it's something a lot of people quite enjoy about this game.

I don't think it is since the description of the section reads as: "Showcase your Dissidia fan art, fan fiction, fan music or anything else fan."

Perhaps it would be better making "Creative" specifically for modding and have the art showcase (as indicated above) somewhere else to avoid confusion.

18 hours ago, Galadin said:

Hello guys, happily joined today and had a look around the site. It feels pretty copacetic enough but I hope you guys don't mind me just going for it and giving some feedback.

• FORUM NAMES

Instead of having the forum sections named exactly as they are intended, would it not be a good idea to title them after Dissidia related things? For example: Dissidia Network > Mognet, Dissidia Community > Order's Sanctuary, etc. (these are just examples)

I think it would make it more interesting to bring a more "Dissidia Like" feel throughout the forum.

• DISSIDIA FORUM

This forum has me a little mehed out. Sticking "Creative" in there is quite baffling since the section should be largely dedicated to general Dissdia discussion topics, as indicated by "News" & "Competitive". "Creative" looks odd there and seems to stick out like an awkward relative or something. The Creative corner should have its own forum section as is the norm.

Lastly, what features are in the planning for the site? Will there be future add ons, themes, features that could be used as awards/community incentives? Is the aim of this site to build up a community of members or is the aim something else entirely?

Sorry for just dropping in like a sack of potatoes, but I guess that's my new style. I thought about going in like "The Newcomer" but it felt like an odd thing to do. :D

Forum is structured as it is because it was intended to go straight into whatever Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade would be on a console platform. It's in a very condensed form because there was near zero activity and there was absolutely no need to go beyond what is currently seen.

That said, since we are taking a step back and supporting Dissidia 012 in whatever capacity we can, a forum restructure will be made during next site maintenance (tomorrow European morning if all goes as it should). DDFF will have very similar coverage to which it had on DF.

As for the titles of categories and subforums, the used naming convention looks and sounds good as well as works with search engine optimization. "Themifying" section titles would be debatable even if the site was heavily customized to look like a derivation of the game (something I already did on the past versions of the forum and it was fine, but nothing particularly noteworthy).

On that note, Creative is named as such as it was the best one-word term I had at the time. It's placed within Dissidia as a means of encouragement for using Dissidia to create. This is coming from personal experience, as I made countless Dissidia designs and screenshots. There's so many communities where you can create everything and anything, so putting an emphasis on designing through Dissidia would be something very unique to this place. Of course it's not a requirement that the design theme is Dissidia/Final Fantasy, it's rather a... promoted theme.

Back to initial forum structure; I see Dissidia (as a whole) divided into following major topics:

• general chat about the series
  • competitive discussion
  • fan creations
  • FAQs--a support section

Any of these can spawn its own subcategories depending on the activity of the major topics--which is the biggest reason/incentive to do anything on a forum. When there's a high amount of activity and content, it's much easier to make correct and healthy adjustments.

Lastly, future plans. You're kinda asking of me to write a mission statement here--which is a good thing, maybe I had to be reminded that there's a need for it. The plan was always to make a definitive home for Dissidia fans. That would be the short version of it. Keep in mind that this site is a part of a network with a possibility of even further expansion.

A dark theme is in my queue as well as Pages. Anything else I have either not considered or is too far away.

Can we have a section like this that was super useful ? :

Discuss the various playable characters in Dissidia 012.

If the activity elevates to that level, sure, but I don't expect it until Arcade.

As for posting/editing, if you don't feel like exploring the system, look up a guide on CKEditor, such as this one:

How about a Dissidia Arcade section. I see Dissidia and Dissidia012 so Arcade would fit there even if the only subforum of it would be "news"

EDIT: Upon looking further into it I can also now see what Galadin meant earlier in her post.

if it were for me I'd just rename the forum section "Dissidia" into "Dissidia Arcade" and make creativity it's own section under the subforum community.

It's just that I feel that the forum section Dissidia is very misleading especially because it's followed up by Dissidia 012 section which makes it look like the "Dissidia" section is indeed only dedicated to Vanilla Dissidia.

All the improvements keep getting better. Keep it up Hyne.

I see that recent activity and hot topics only show threads. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a recent posts tab listing the 5 most recent posts that have been done in any thread like in the old Dissidiaforums. It helps keeping track of stuff immensely. (Unless I am doing something wrong and don't see it)

Edited by Cherub

Not sure if this is the correct place for it - but on the Discord channel, some emotes don't work in PMs, such as the charactor icons. Error message = the emote is not available on this server. Any chance we could get this fixed?

22 hours ago, Cherub said:

All the improvements keep getting better. Keep it up Hyne.

I see that recent activity and hot topics only show threads. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a recent posts tab listing the 5 most recent posts that have been done in any thread like in the old Dissidiaforums. It helps keeping track of stuff immensely. (Unless I am doing something wrong and don't see it)

We had "Latest posts" before but extra content kept appearing on load and that bothered me too much so I removed it for the time being. Of course, no way we will have main page not showing recent activity. If you noticed, "Recent activity" isn't just recently created threads but also threads with latest posts. I will continue experimenting though—the main page will ultimately look very busy, it's just gonna get to that gradually rather than immediately.

What I would like people to pay more attention to is "Activity Stream", which seems much better in this software. It's something I definitely see most active members use.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Irae said:

Not sure if this is the correct place for it - but on the Discord channel, some emotes don't work in PMs, such as the charactor icons. Error message = the emote is not available on this server. Any chance we could get this fixed?

Custom emoji are usable only within our server, sorry. It's not up to us.

So, I'd like to place my Dissidia Cecil Banner in my sig, but apparently, it's length exceeds the 50 pixels length. I could resize the entire banner, and make it a separate image, but that makes it look ugly. It also makes the text very difficult to read.

I say separate image because I tried resizing it in my sig settings, but as my current sig says, it still won't allow me to add it. :/

I can understand the size limit since this site is built for mobile devices, too, but is there a way we can change the height limit to 150px instead? That'd be great! Thanks. :)

Edit: Also, can we have a html button with posts/sigs? With my signature, it has spaces between paragraphs/lines. I'd like to make my sig streamlined in terms of text so it doesn't stretch out.

Edit 2: Also... is there a place to find the Members' List? I'm wondering who else has joined. I just noticed in the "Search" that you can get the Members List. Oops. >.>

Edit 3: You changed it! Thank you SO MUCH! :D I really appreciate it! :D

Edited by Aegis Runestone

HTML can not be allowed for non-staff members, it is too dangerous. There's a CKEditor guide a few posts up.

As for return key behavior specifically; Enter makes a new paragraph while Shift+Enter goes to the next line.

Changes to signature limits will be detailed in the upcoming maintenance log.

• Upvote 1

I've no idea where to put this since no section exists for our Discord " development ".
so I'll ask here since it's TECHNICALLY part of the community.

Can we have a Channel for general talk aka DDFFCasual ?
Dissidia apparently isnt the channel and Offtopic feels like Spambin :u

Not a MAJOR SUPER NEED IT NOW thing , but I'd like to have a channel I can just say hi / chat about anything in without stuff like :

" ey wrong channel guys, move to blah blah blah ".

Edited by Mericus

It appears something happened to it on the most recent upgrade, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

For the recent activity tab, I liked it when the latest post is displayed with the little preview. .

Edited by Edon

Thoughts on how many featured threads should be there? I always wanna add more but I'm not sure what's the best number before it becomes bloated.