HYNE

Your Dissidia biography (aka the introduction thread)

46 posts in this topic

Hello! I am Meganecon. I mostly play fighting games, specifically Guilty Gear, and wanted to try a new game out. I've played Dissidia casually for a while but since the game died I haven't played it. After discovering a competitive community I decided to play it again so I'm really excited to play with you all. I'm relatively new to competitive Dissidia, so I don't really know much about how neutral works or anything but I'm sure I'll learn as time goes on! I don't really have a main since I don't play much, but the characters I like to play the most are Vaan, Tifa, Lightning, and Shantotto. Hope to play some matches soon!

On 8/31/2016 at 2:43 PM, Muggshotter said:

I just try to suck less.

Muggsy pls, you are a great Jecht :p

Guess I'll introduce myself. My tag's Vince, I'm a Warrior of Light main who joined here about three days before Scrub City. I played Dissidia casually around 2011 or 2012 when a friend of mine introduced it to me. At the time I didn't know shit about FF and I had just made a friend who was a fan of it. Around that time, the infamous Link vs Cloud Death Battle by Screwattack had come out which prompted a VERY heated debate between us (him being an FF fan and me being an LoZ fan). He showed me Dissidia mostly to show me how Cloud worked. Fell in love with the game, got my own copy and kept playing myself, but only casually (my friend's PSP died before I got my own copy, plus he's not much into competitive games). Stopped playing after a little bit because my PSP died, didn't pick up DDFF again until now. Having been interested in other competitive videogame scenes like Super Smash Bros. and eventually becoming a TO for fighting game tournaments, I looked back and began to wonder about whether or not DDFF had a competitive scene. That's when I discovered the forums and ended up here.

If you found this introduction to be a bit long it's because writing it brought back memories and may have made me ramble on a bit. XD

I'm Hero. I've been playing Dissidia about 3 years now and have basically loved every second. I also play Smash bros a lot. I main warrior of light in duodecim and hope to participate in the tournaments and stuff you guys host cause as stated before I love this game. My background mostly consists of fighting some friends of mine on netplay and stuff but I'd like to think I'm pretty decent. I hope to netplay and have some good times with all you people.

Edit: I'm also exceedingly average at everything so don't expect too much LOL

Edited by thelegendofhero

Hi, my name is Joseph, I have been playing Dissidia for quite a while, I believe since the first game released, I main Onion Knight in 012, though I use other characters as well.

Prepare to be defeated.

Fun fact about me: I'm also an artist.

Player from DF, took like 3 year hiatus due to RL. I just logged DF and found some ppl moved here due to Mass hiatus o__0. Well - I take it a few people still play this game then?

3 hours ago, Irae said:

Player from DF, took like 3 year hiatus due to RL. I just logged DF and found some ppl moved here due to Mass hiatus o__0. Well - I take it a few people still play this game then?

Check the discord channel for more information.

Hello everyone. Italian Dissidia player since 2008-2009 (although not much present in the competitive segment), i came here from the old DF since it's unavaible anymore.

I main Gilgamesh mostly, i'll try see if i have rust on the controls or not.

1 hour ago, Teoskaven said:

Hello everyone. Italian Dissidia player since 2008-2009 (although not much present in the competitive segment), i came here from the old DF since it's unavaible anymore.

I main Gilgamesh mostly, i'll try see if i have rust on the controls or not.

Benvenuto, amcio mio! (I'm learning Italian, native English).

Hello to everyone, Haussenkraft here.

Played Dissidia on my psp ever since its US release. When I remembered of this site, I decided to stay here since the other site is down.
I main Jecht and/or Kain. Gotten rusty for the few days but all is good.

Once again, nice to meet you people~

Suppose I'll introduce myself. I've been a Final Fantasy fan since FFIV, played nearly every game in the series, so I was delighted when Dissidia was announced. Got the game day one, played it extensively, and did the same thing for Duodecim. Even after all these years I still try to play at least once or twice a week. Unfortunately I never had any friends with a PSP, much less Dissidia/Duodecim, so multiplayer was never a thing for me. So you can imagine my delight when I discovered PPSSPP. I have one or two friends to battle online occasionally, but I've been looking for a community that regularly competes with one another. I use to lurk around the old forum searching for mods and stuff, so I'm glad to see a Dissidia community trying to carry on this amazing game.

As far as Duodecim itself, I main Sephiroth but I've been told my Tifa is more of a challenge to beat. I've been practicing with the whole roster to try and expand my knowledge and skills. I'm always looking for an opportunity to do that, so I look forward to playing the game with all of you.

35 minutes ago, Xero Bloodline said:

Suppose I'll introduce myself. I've been a Final Fantasy fan since FFIV, played nearly every game in the series, so I was delighted when Dissidia was announced. Got the game day one, played it extensively, and did the same thing for Duodecim. Even after all these years I still try to play at least once or twice a week. Unfortunately I never had any friends with a PSP, much less Dissidia/Duodecim, so multiplayer was never a thing for me. So you can imagine my delight when I discovered PPSSPP. I have one or two friends to battle online occasionally, but I've been looking for a community that regularly competes with one another. I use to lurk around the old forum searching for mods and stuff, so I'm glad to see a Dissidia community trying to carry on this amazing game.

As far as Duodecim itself, I main Sephiroth but I've been told my Tifa is more of a challenge to beat. I've been practicing with the whole roster to try and expand my knowledge and skills. I'm always looking for an opportunity to do that, so I look forward to playing the game with all of you.

Since FFIV? You rock, man! My first FF game, too, and it's my favorite game of all time. :)

So... i was a part of Dissidiaforums before it died... I joined this group a couple days ago, and many people on this site may already know me, but screw it, I'm introducing myself again.
I don't do mods, and I'm not a moderator for this site. I like to start random topics. Before the forum died, I random started a thread that had a challenge run for FF2.
My main thing, though, is Final Fantasy Record Keeper. I probably would have started a topic on that here if a certain SOMEONE didn't do it first >_> (I'm not mad though. In fact, I actually appreciate it)

My favorite Final Fantasy games are V, VI, X, X-2, XIII-2, and Type-0. I do like Dissidia, but it's nowhere near my favorite

Is Dark Lumina here? Or that guy with the profile picture of Luffy from One Piece? Can't remember his name now lol

Also, I edit my posts almost every time because I keep forgetting some things I wanted to mention.

Edited by DJVD

The guy who had Luffy was Cookies. I know because that was the sprite I gave him for my DissidiaForum Comics.

And I don't think Lumina or Cookies are here. :(

CRAAAAP. I liked those guys... Any moderators from the dead site here at all?

Oh, there's an introduction thread. Well, I suppose I might as well introduce myself whether you know me or not. I'm Deraj8, and I was a major modder from the previous forums before they blew up. I mainly work on costume mods for characters, but I have experience in texture hacks, music hacks, physics handling, and currently studying game art in college (4th year). 

I've played Final Fantasy for as long as I can remember, the first being VII, but I've played a majority of them. My favorite Final Fantasy would be 12, and I've been playing the Dissidia games since 2011. I'm a casual player, and I've never competed in Dissidia, but the characters I mainly play as are: Vaan, Tifa, Lightning, and Gabranth. Even when I'm not posting, I'm most likely lurking, as such I can usually get back to people fairly quickly. 

I also play Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and Final Fantasy XIV (main = WHM). Other games series I know/like are Xenosaga, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Smash.

It's nice to officially meet you all. :)

8 hours ago, Aegis Runestone said:

Since FFIV? You rock, man! My first FF game, too, and it's my favorite game of all time. :)

Thanks, it's probably my 2nd favorite of all the numbered titles. VII is still my favorite if that wasn't obvious enough. Also very, very fond of Crisis Core.

Guess I'll drop my own intro here. I haven't been playing Final Fantasy games as long as probably a whole lot of you, the first Final Fantasy game I ever played for any amount was actually X-2, at a friend's house. However, he never had a PS2 memory card at the time, so we weren't able to get very far into it. A few years later I played through X after I'd finally gotten my own PS2 near the end of the console's life span. I believe this was in '05, maybe? After that I've been catching up and playing through the other games that I'd missed in my childhood due to a lack of a playstation console, and my lack of playing any of the NES/SNES releases.

I finally picked up Dissidia and a PSP in... 2009-10ish, I think? And then Duodecim when it came out. I'm out of practice cause I stopped playing when my PSP died, but have been getting a bit back into it since I found out I could play through PPSSPP. I don't really have a main anymore, but I enjoy playing as Tidus, Squall, Bartz, and Cloud mostly.

Edited by FDSuprema

tl;dr To the old guard, good to see y'all again. To the new blood, pleased to meet you.

Hey, all. I'm argyle_n1nja. I'm known on the forums as "Blue_Velvet". If you've never heard that name before, it's probably because you spent more time in the character build threads than in the Creative Corner, which is where I made my home.

For me, my Dissidia journey started a year or so before the first game released. I was browsing Final Fantasy videos on Youtube, trying to find the final fight scene from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I came across a video of Squall vs Sephiroth on the FF9 stage. It immediately got my attention. What glorious wet dream was this? I had to know more! So I scoured every video, comment section, wiki, and game forum I could until I found what I was looking for: Dissidia Final Fantasy. On the PSP. Releasing Stateside in '09. I knew I was in for a good Summer.

Come release day, I went and picked up my copy. It didn't leave my PSP until I got Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days a month or so later. In that time, I'd beaten the story and was reduced to playing Arcade and custom VS CPU matches to get my fix, since I couldn't play online without a PS3. Still, it was a fun experience overall. So imagine my excitement when I found out, thanks to a link Mass_Zero had in his signature on another forum, that there was an entire forum dedicated to this one amazing game and its fanbase. I couldn't make heads or tails of the competitive side of things, so I decided to stick to what I knew best: making up imaginary movesets for characters who probably would never see the light of day. With that in mind, I set out to make my first character sheet, the first of many. Thus, the character sheet for Ramza Beoulve was born. It wasn't my best work, but it wasn't bad. Then I made Riku from the Kingdom Hearts series. Same deal there. Then I made Balthier, from Final Fantasy XII, who I still consider to be my magnum opus. (If and when I ever get around to making Crono, that may change)

At around this time, we started getting news about a new Dissidia, Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy. I couldn't wait, so naturally I bought a PSN store card and downloaded the pre-story/demo, "Prologus" as soon as it was available (also bought Vagrant Story, but that's neither here nor there). I was hooked all over again. It was like viewing the series through a fresh set of eyes. New characters, new stages, new gameplay mechanics, yet everything I loved about the original was still there. And imagine my surprise when I finally got the game and it turns out that all of my saved data from DFF carried over! I was ecstatic. I even started making character sheets again, unfortunately they were lost during the Great Server Crash of 2011 (or early 2012, I forget the exact year).

Unfortunately, as with all good things, my time with the Dissidia came to an end, when my memory stick somehow formatted itself (I still think it happened as the byproduct of having my PSP in my pocket while I was being sprayed with a water hose). I still stayed around the forums, having made a few friends there. And so my involvement in the game itself ended, though I still enjoyed popping into threads and talking about them every now and then, but I stayed in my lane, the Creative Corner, for the most part. If I wasn't posting in any of my RP threads, I was reading and re-reading the character creation thread, giving myself ideas for who I was going to do next.

And so it went from then to now I haven't posted in an RP thread since 2014 (where the hell are you, Xernuht?!), and I haven't made a new character sheet since before then. But I feel that old creativity bug skittering around in my brain again, so who knows? At any rate, I'm here now, I may as well make myself comfortable.

Hey everyone, call me Mog, my full nickname being kinda awkard :)

I used to be on Dissidia Forums like pretty much everyone, it was my first online experience, these forums helped me a lot in improving my English and I can now fluently speak the language. Apart from this, I first started Dissidia at the end of 2010, I played A LOT offline and then I learned playing online was a thing on a French forum which i used to stalk often, this is something that motivated me to keep playing awaiting the day I would get a Playstation 3 and AHP along with it.

This happened shortly before Summer of 2012, a year after I started playing 012, at this point I had more than a thousand hours of gameplay offline, which is ridiculous and I think a huge waste of time, but these were during my teenager days and I had nothing better to do with my life. As soon as I got AHP I started playing online and I got good eventually, OmegaSupreme being a huge help at first and then Herman and Narolf who definitely made the player I am today. Of course later on AHP was kind of dying and most of the people were gone, during this period I played a ton with DanneD and I think I've never been as good as when I retired, but I had no ability to play in tournaments anymore because of my dying PSP and my lack of constant connection. (Check my profile if you really want more information on my Dissidia biography)

I played a bit on PPSSPP in the beginning of 2016 and even won the first mini-tournament we made but then had to stop because of real life problems.

Now I am in college with a lot of free time, this game has been with me for the last 6 years of my life and I'm not letting it go after all this time.  

I'm not ready to come back just yet but it is going to happen soon. I will let you know and I'll gladly fight you all ShaHAA

Oh also, if the new game is actually good I might get interest in it, but it doesn't seem so to me right now.

Hey, name's RetroStation; pleasure to meet you all!

I started with DFF in '09, and I mained Onion Knight and Golbez because I thought HP links were awesome, and Golbez grew on me as a character, despite not ever playing IV. I also dabbled with Zidane and Kuja because IX is my all-time fave. When I found out 012 was being released, I was excited and determined to snag a copy Day One. It's the only midnight release I ever went to, and I don't regret it. It wasn't until 2013 when I found local people to play with, and shortly after I stopped playing (broken/stolen PSPs were my luck back then). When I found out about PPSSPP last year, it made me want to play again, especially since I could easily help my other friends get copies of whatever they needed. Last month, I uploaded a clip of a Starfall setup I thought was hype to my personal Facebook. Tagged my friends who also played, and it sparked this huge conversation about getting people to play again in the local area. Then my friend Mitch found the Discord and invited me, so I'm really excited to see how well other people play!