HYNE

Your Dissidia biography (aka the introduction thread)

Dark-Lumina    3

Been playing since the JPN release of the first Dissidia. Been trying to get back into it recently.

It's very nice to see some familiar faces here from the other forums.

• Upvote 2

On 5/11/2017 at 10:34 PM, Dark-Lumina said:

Been playing since the JPN release of the first Dissidia. Been trying to get back into it recently.

It's very nice to see some familiar faces here from the other forums.

Welcome, man! It's awesome to see you! :)

• Upvote 1

Amyrakunejo    1

Been into the Final Fantasy series since...far longer than I can clearly remember.

Been playing the Dissidia series since 2010, but I only was able to get into Duodecim within the last six months.

Most people here have avatars from the Final Fantasy series; mine is a face made with RPG Maker VX Ace Character Generator and edited using GIMP (for features not implemented with the generator).

Yes, I love making my own games, and recreating other games as much if not more than I like playing them. I love the modding community for this and other reasons.

I am a writer, mostly fiction and fan fiction, and I have covered Dissidia in several of my fan fictions.

I even went so far as to create the beginning of the cycle, with a lot more characters than just the thirty-two (technically thirty-one), with a lot of them being from outside the series at the beginning (a topic of its' own).

I am also a musician; I'm the only member of my group (positions open!) as of now, but word to the faint-of-heart...

We're not pop or Top40 money thieving crap, no we are hardcore, screaming in-your-face, Slam Metal. We are...KARMA B*TCHES.

And that is all...for now...

• Upvote 1

HYNE    26
5 hours ago, Amyrakunejo said:

Yes, I love making my own games, and recreating other games as much if not more than I like playing them. I love the modding community for this and other reasons.

I am a writer, mostly fiction and fan fiction, and I have covered Dissidia in several of my fan fictions.

Sweet, I'm on a similar road. Welcome!

Hi there!  I'm a pretty big fan of Dissidia(dumped over 1000 hours into both games combined) but I never knew about any online forums dedicated to it.  The announcement of the new Dissidia coming to PS4 got me in the mood to go back to Dissidia 012, and I got the idea to look into a competitive scene.  I'm very big into competitive Smash, but I'm interested in Dissidia.  I took a look around this forum and the old one, and I am curious about a few things.

-Are there any videos showcasing high-level play that I could be pointed to?  I'm confident that I know a lot about Dissidia, but I am curious about how the game is played at a much higher level.

-Is there a general ruleset that is followed, such as which stages are played on, anything banned, etc?  I could not find anything about this on either forum.

• Upvote 1

HYNE    26
27 minutes ago, FEZeldalord12345 said:

-Are there any videos showcasing high-level play that I could be pointed to?  I'm confident that I know a lot about Dissidia, but I am curious about how the game is played at a much higher level.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDissidiaForums/videos?sort=p&view=0&flow=grid

This specific link will point you at the most popular uploads on one of our channels; it should give you a good general idea.

27 minutes ago, FEZeldalord12345 said:

-Is there a general ruleset that is followed, such as which stages are played on, anything banned, etc?  I could not find anything about this on either forum.

We usually play Official ruleset with some stages (like The Rift, Phantom Train) banned, depending on the tournament. Other than that, Feral Chaos, hacks and infinites are always banned.

Do have to mention though that we occasionally test custom rulesets, so if you hop on our Discord you'll regularly see people playing various rulesets such as modified JP Ranked.

Hello. Been playing the first Dissidia since 2010. I use to have tons of replay videos of it and Duodecim on my old channel, CrimsonVermillionEye before it was hit with copyright strikes.

Never played online. Started seeing some English and Japanese players would use custom rulesets in their matches over the years.

If I get a PS4, I will likely play the Reboot online.

• Upvote 1

Amyrakunejo    1

I myself have a ruleset called 'Make My Day', in which I set a lot of things to extreme highs or lows.

Enables all bonuses, as well as equipment, and summons.

lolshack    2

mfw you missed the ps3 ahp and the ppsspp hamachi scene tkg is so eager to push :(

joined df since '10, did quite the amount of things except actually playing dissidia, including creating fantasy dissidia characters and playing the cyoa thing that stopped because stezil made the shittiest hospital map ever

i also played emperor quite a lot if that counts. would want to start hamachi again if my connection and distance to usa allows me to

• Upvote 2

Xiegleid    3

It's so late that I start playing DFF012 in 2015, but Im still enjoying It now in my PSP, YES PSP. I played as Exdeath because of His Unique Fighting Style.

I am the one who playing DFF012 here in my place, so It's kinda lonely, but Im thankful that many of here (also on old DFF012 forum) are still MODDING, and that's the reason why Im still playing this game, Im hoping for more MOD's to come. :(

• Upvote 2

Amyrakunejo    1
6 hours ago, Xiegleid said:

It's so late that I start playing DFF012 in 2015, but Im still enjoying It now in my PSP, YES PSP. I played as Exdeath because of His Unique Fighting Style.

I am the one who playing DFF012 here in my place, so It's kinda lonely, but Im thankful that many of here (also on old DFF012 forum) are still MODDING, and that's the reason why Im still playing this game, Im hoping for more MOD's to come. :(

If you're looking for Custom BGM DLC, I'll happily assist.

If you don't mind rock and metal music that is...

Xiegleid    3
13 hours ago, Amyrakunejo said:

If you're looking for Custom BGM DLC, I'll happily assist.

If you don't mind rock and metal music that is...

Not a Fan of Rock and Metal Music, unless It's JPOP/Anime Songs. I think there's a member here who accepting BGM MODs request. I request some JPOP/Anime BGM's If He/She have a free time.

But I want to try that BGM of yours If you don't mind. Thanks

• Upvote 1

Wizard    2

I learned of Dissidia through a friend during my first year of college in 2012. I had never played any Final Fantasy games besides Tactics Advance. However, we had a profound love for Smash Bros. and Dissidia seemed quite similar; with an extreme love for the fantasy genre and a burning desire to be better than him, Dissidia instantly took a place in my heart. The following year had me getting my first PsP and learning all that I could about Dissidia. Since then I have become a hardcore competitive fighting game player vying to be the best. I became pretty good at Dissidia, but due to dead forums and limited knowledge of online psp play i was certain there was no hope for me ever testing my Dissidia skills against other players, thus I continued expanding my skillset with other fighting games. Now 3 years later I stumble upon the Dissidia discord and learn of ZTO. As of yesterday I have installed all the necessary components and am ready to recruit some other fans in a similar situation to me. I'm not here for casual play. I intend to climb over everyone. So keep things challenging please.

Edited by Wizard
  • Upvote 2

Dallian    3

Hallo, u can call me Dallian.

It started long ago with the jap release, I played it a lot then I had to replay it all on the eng ver :P still, I loved it. But then duodecim came out, omg, I fell in love with it, is probably my most played psp game (that was on 2012, I think), I discovered dissidia forums back then, they had a very nice web app to export ur builds as images (I'm still looking for it tho). A couple of weeks ago, with the announcement of mh world I got kinda nostalgic (And my sis new psp didn't helped lol), specially since my psp's battery is kinda dead (Since 2 years or so). Long story short, I downloaded ppsspp and started playing mhfu with a cousin and, why not, duodecim. Sadly I couldn't transfer my old save so I ended replaying it, I'm still unlocking stuff tho.

Well, nostalgia brought me back to dissidia forums and dissidia forums brought me here. I've never tested my skills with other playes beside my sis and cousin, I would love to see tournaments and play with others (As soon as I bring baxk my old Tifa :P).

That's my story, I play some other games but duodecim is one of my favorites of all time.

Nice to meet u all ^_^

• Upvote 3

Stevie    4

Time to get myself introduced

My name is Stevie, I discovered JP DFF on the internet and as soon as I discovered it had a ton of FF characters and was on psp I was hooked. I never got to play DFF online but I mostly played Squall.

DDFF launched and my favourite character (Yuna) got announced so I jumped ship to being a Yuna main, in 2012 I got a PS3 and the first thing I lean how to do was play DDFF online.Played online for 2 years before work took over and my PSP broke D:.

back on Dissidia Forums I use to host some of the streams back in the day and joint ran 'Casual Lobby', a weekly stream in which allowed players to play each others 'or watch' matches without stress of a tournament setting. 

I plan to return hardcore in Dissidia NT, I plan to focus on Terra in the upcoming closed beta but I want to main Terra/Ramza when the game launch (until Yuna announced that is).

• Upvote 2

I'm sleight from the Philippines.

Just got back from a 1 yr hiatus. I main Zidane. My favorite ruleset is JP ranked. I hate chase. We play Dissidence ruleset now here in our country.

• Like 1