HYNE

Your Dissidia biography (aka the introduction thread)

I was a huge fan of the Advent Children movie. Then, after learning that a game was about to release, that had action similar to AC, I started to look into it.

I remember looking up Dissidia trailers and gameplay videos with my brother on GameTrailers, including one very funny instance of accidentally layering duplicates of the Bartz' vs Exdeath cutscene with a slight delay.

The game looked so cool that it convinced me to buy the silver PSP bundled with Dissidia and the Advent Children UMD, which I still have to this day (still operational). Once I started playing it, I fell in love, and it actually acted as my gateway to play more Final Fantasy games, since I had only had a minimal amount of exposure to older FF titles via emulators. I also eventually bought my brother a PSP and his own copy of Dissidia. We played against each other several times every week.

As 012 Duodecim released, I immediately jumped on it day one and loved it more than the original. The gameplay had been fine-tuned, and the aadded characters were great. Especially Lightning and Tifa, who became two of my most used characters, next to Squal, WoL, and Tidus. My brother and I, as well as 2 of our friends, would play it every time we hung out, my brother and I continuing to play against each other at least a time or two every week.

Eventually, we moved on to the Vita, but would rebuy Duodecim digitally, to play from time to time.

With the impending release of NT, and my disappointment with the very different direction it has taken from pre-established "Dissidia", I am going to pick Duodecim back up to quell this betrayal I feel from Square Enix. I even regret buying Final Fantasy 15, a bit. I'll probably finish 15 eventually, but only after my disdain for SqEnix dies down. I just find it sad that they would take the series in such a drastically different direction, saying "screw you" to those of us who wanted a sequel to what what was already established across two entries for some aspirations of esports grandeure. They really shoud've given NT some non-Dissidia title (is suggest Manipulus or Equitus, latin words that have to do with "teamwork") and eventually made a Dissidia sequel that actually feels like previous Dissidia.

So, at the end of the day, I'm a long-time, passionate (and now somewhat disgruntled) fan who's love and passion for the series has been rewarded by being left in the dirt, given a game that doesn't feel like Dissidia to me, and met with no choice but to miss the series that I put thousands of hours into during my teenage years and play the old entries.

Edited by Davis1228
  • CoLove 1
  • Upvote 2

Hey all! I am completely new to the dissidia games, though i've been playing Final Fantasy games since I could read.

I am very excited to be part of the community and help it grow. Can't wait for the 30th!

• Upvote 2

Hi everyone!  So, um, introductions...well, my becoming a Final Fantasy fan started with the release of Final Fantasy X.  It was one of my first games, and my first experience playing an RPG.  I was really impressed with the graphics, the plot, and the beautiful world depicted in it (and not so amused with how troublesome most of the sidequests and superbosses were) - since then I've played most of the other entries in some form or another, but to this day X is still my favorite of the main entries.  

The release of the original Dissidia, and my experiences with it, was pretty revolutionary for me.  I got to see a lot of familiar and unfamiliar characters interacting with one another and having flashy battles.  It drove me to find out even more about the series, and through seeing them and  playing with them, I grew to love some of the characters (The Emperor in particular, I never thought much of, but now I think he's one of the coolest villains in the series).  From a gameplay perspective, it was even more of s a joy.  I had never really liked traditional fighting games or shooters, so the only real competitive versus game I was able to enjoy up until I got into Dissidia was Smash Brothers.  Between the first and second games I think I've clocked a few hundred hours in total.  My biggest complaint is how inconvenient it was to battle over the internet and how lag-heavy many of the matches were, and hoped that there would eventually be a third entry with better online play.

The long wait between the release of Duodecim and Arcade/NT was a bit painful since every new Theatrhythm game kinda chipped away at my hopes for ever getting a new Dissidia, but get it we did (even if it took another long period between Arcade and console) and I've been having fun playing it up on the both the Japanese and NA Open Betas for the past month.  It plays like a very different game from the first two entries but I have been having a lot of fun with it, although I do have my doubts about the game being made for 3v3.  I very much look forward to meeting and playing with the people of this community.  Thanks for reading, and good day!

• Upvote 2

Hello to all of you lovely, lovely people I am L337CAT.  My history with Final Fantasy isn't all that interesting.  No cute stories of going on adventures with the franchise's iconic characters when I was a kid or the like.  In truth I've never even played a Final Fantasy game.  I've only ever played one JRPG in my life that I can recall and even then not all the way through.  The genre and I just never really got on that well.  All that said I've always liked the setting, story, characters and art style of Final Fantasy and wished that there was a game with more action-oriented gameplay.  Which brings us to Dissidia.

I didn't first learn of Dissidia properly until early 2016 when the game was still new in arcades.  It was then that I learned about Duodecim which I still have not played yet, but will someday.  I can only guess that I didn't know of it because I never owned a psp.  One could say I was excited.  I was "finally" getting a game that for so long was just a "fantasy" for me.  So with all that out of the way I'll just finish by stating that I'm glad to be here even if I am a complete newcomer and that I look forward to playing and interacting with you all and seeing what you have to say.

One last thing.  If you read what I wrote above thank you and you may have noticed that I like puns especially bad ones even if I suck at them.

• Upvote 2

Heya!

I am Gellin22 and the last final fantasy I have played was Crystal chronicles.  Huge fan of fighting games and I get such good feeling when playing Disssida.  My cousin introduced me to this game and we have been having a ball setting up plays and playing catch with the enemy opponents.  Looking forward to ranking up and hopefully playing at a competitive level one day.  Add me on PSN Gellin22.  Looking forward to being apart of dissidia community! 

• CoLove 2

Wow... pinch me. I found this community through a random facebook comment.

Anyhow, greetings. I have played Dissidia and Dissidia 012 back in the day. Completely broke Dissidia 012 (since it was mechanically broken anyway) and ~ enjoyed doing it.  Pre-ordered Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, and as of time of writing ~ 5 days to release. Can't wait.

Hope to form some great friendships and greater rivalries in NT. Can't wait to master all characters (I am like that) and pummel my opponents into the ground until I am bored of it. Enjoy the ride guys.

• Upvote 2

Hello everybody! 
My first Final Fantasy game was FF7 on the PS1. I didn't know a bit about the whole serie, i thought FF1,2,3,4,5, etc were the sequel of the first one (so i thought to see Cloud in each one..). :D 

After a few years i understood their differences and started playing them all.. but i was lazy that i just finished FF5 and X.... and, Crisis Core. 

Crisis Core was my first and only game that i know quite everything. I know the most of the story chats and Zack was my favourite character ever. 
Also, i started playing that game in 2009 in the summer holiday at the sea, where i met a girl (maybe the first falling love on the first seen?). But then i lost her as soon as i came back home. 
4 years later i was still randomly playing that game and as Zack says:"4 years?" when he thinks about her Aerith and decides to come back to her place, that worked for me.. as i went to the same sea, the same place. But, like Zack i wasn't able to see the girl. 

Then one day i saw Dissidia for psp and it was love at the first impression. There wasn't Zack, but i found other interesting characters: like Tidus, Squall and Cloud. 
Then 012 where i played so much to know the most of the characters quotes.  However i found that sometimes your favourite characters aren't the ones you're stronger with. 
It happened to me, my stronger characters were: Warrior of Light, Onion Knight and Squall. 

Now it worked the same with Dissidia NT, started with Tidus but found that i'm stronger with Sephiroth. 

However, i'm here to meet and play with someone! :)
Looking forward to meet some italian player, too! :)

Edited by chippz
  • Upvote 2

Hi Everyone!

Glad to see the rebirth of the Dissidia community. I'm a longtime Final Fantasy fan, my first being VII, then I went towards the later games then back towards I-VI. I've been playing Dissidia since the original version on PSP. My original mains were Squall and Cloud of Darkness. In early 012, I played Squall and Lightning but ultimately discovered the awesomeness of Prishe! She's one of the few characters where I really liked everything about them, from aesthetics, fighting style, personality, etc.

In competitive Dissidia, I wasn't terrible, but I wasn't the best player back then and had this weird stubbornness to not use the most effective tools in my arsenal (Proper EX/Assist builds or not using moves I felt overpowered aka charged One Inch Punch). Now, I'm light years ahead in fighting game/combat knowledge and look forward to reinventing myself in NT. 

In NT, I'm digging the 3v3 battle system and looking forward to playing this game long term. I'm still dabbling with who I'll use, but I have a pretty good idea. If Prishe is in fact the returning female character in the season pass, best believe that's my main :)

Edited by Glenburg
  • Upvote 2

Hi everyone, I'm based in SE Asia (Singapore). Always been a fighting game player and the concept of a fighting game-esque Final Fantasy always intrigued me since even Ehrgeiz lol.

I've been waiting for a console based FF Dissidia for years. So I was really hyped when NT got announced for PS4 and it's finally here. Main: Garland Sub: Terra/Golbez/Vaan/Lightning/Zidane in order. Of course, there's always room to play around the cast.

To anyone based in SE Asia, especially Singapore, please add my PSN: desato55. PM me if you want personal contacts.

I do upload some online matches in my Twitch channel as linked below:

https://www.twitch.tv/ki_0rez

Singapore also has a Facebook Dissidia NT page too.

https://www.facebook.com/Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-NT-Singapore-360953990993242/

Side Note:

Chinese New Year is approaching so I won't be available from the 14th till the 20th of February 2018. After that I'll be rocking this game hard.

• Upvote 2

Hey there, new to this particular community but was an avid user of the Dissidia Forums.

Quick background on me:

Started with OG Dissidia and got decent with every character. Played for nearly 1000 hours. When 012 was announced I decided I would focus on a select few characters and got pretty good with Jecht, Tidus,  Squall, and Garland. I played just under 1000 hours. Back then I was playing a lot on Ad/Hoc party with some friends from the community like Zellphyr and RDFMASTER but noticed there was a fairly large skill gap in terms of my survivability against them. I decided if we ever got another one I would go competitive. 

NT has now been released and here I am ready to get competitive. Currently I have two mains. Tidus and Garland. Garland has quickly become an addiction so it will be either of those two until I find something that clicks better. Currently have just over 50 hours in NT and would like to get into tournaments.

I hope to find some familiar faces here and meet some new people who can challenge me to step out of my comfort zone.

Can' wait to see you out on the field of battle.

• Upvote 1

Hello all! I am a fellow dissidia fan who has come to this forum as I am interested in mods. Sadly I was never able to visit the dissdia forums and I am very sad about the massive loss of mods that came about when the site shut down.

• Upvote 2

Hello everyone !

I'm a huge Dissidia fan : I've played 450 hours on the first game and more than 200 on Duodecim. Though I really love the series, I was not hyped by Dissidia NT, because it mainly focuses on playing with your team, and I HATE this kind of games.

Back when I didn't have Dissidia duodecim, I used to play Firion as a main in DFF2008, though I also liked other straight-forward characters such as Cloud. I've reached a really high level without ever having played online. Then, I got D012FF this Christmas and I immediatly fell in love with Kain and Gilgamesh, both of them being my main characters. I'm not that strong though, since I've never completly finished any of these games.

I hope that I'll find some good strategies here, and, why not someone to play with online.

• Upvote 2

I'm Raine, I come from the old DissidiaForums community know as Raine816 where i was a modder (mostly model importer and custom quest creation). I started playing Dissidia back in 2010-2011. I main Cloud, Lightning and Tifa on 012 and Currently Cloud and Ramza on DFFNT. My PSN is the same as my user here if anyone is wondering. 

Thanks for having me here, hope to get to know the rest of you guys.

• Upvote 2

I'm a Dissidia fan. Mainly because it gives me an opportunity to play as the villains I love and beat people up. One problem. I have the game, but I just learned my PSP's battery won't fit into the console and on top of that online doesn't even work apparently. To sum it up, my experience with the games has been watching clips on Youtube but I desperately want to play. I have beaten Final Fantasy V though, so at least I have some experience with the Final Fantasy universe! Hopefully the community can help a complete and utterly clueless person like me play Duodecim... decently. Even if I will get totally wrecked by the much more experienced players in the process. 

Edited by Remorium
  • Upvote 2

I guess this is the best place to start,

Hi my name is Julian, I’m a huge Final Fantasy fan and I dig Dissidia. I played the first Dissidia on a psp (I got strictly to play this game mind you) and was hooked. With VIII being my favorite FF, it was amazing seeing Squall (my favorite FF character) clashing with classic characters in their series. I enjoyed playing as Titus and Cloud as well, leveling each character up gleefully wasting my life on the game. I sadly never played the second one, though I craved to play it. My psp’s battery gave out and I was not looking into replacing it, so I never got the experience My other favorite character Laguna (Watched his gameplay on YouTube, I thought he looked fun; but I’m biased)

I’m back with the series with NT, which I’m having a general good time with overall, though I do wish there was a single player akin to the firsts, but I understand the whole balancing thing for NT’s purposes so I’ll let it slide this time. (Though I wouldn’t mind a sequel for like the original on PS4). Squall is still my guy, though he took some getting use to (still trying to master his combos) though Cloud and Titus are still my back ups, with Noctis being a fun character to mess around with.

DLC wise, I hope Laguna comes backs, I’d gladly pay for him. Me never to getting to play his gameplay is the perfect chance to try him out if they add him (seems unlikely because I’ve heard he wasn’t well received by the community? I’m not sure to be honest). Seifer would be great too, or Auron, but that’s a topic for a later discussion.

But anyway, that’s my Dissidia story. I look forward to continuing this story with NT.

thanks for reading,

Julian B.

• Upvote 2

Hello everyone, I'm new to Dissidia in a more competitive way. I bummed the other games off of friends and played on emulators. I remember the banned Golbez infinite from watching videos online and learned it. It was awesome and although I knew it was banned in a tournament setting I always wanted to compete. I never owned my own PSP though, so I pursued other games like MvC3 and BlazBlue.

With NT though I'm all in with my main man ExDeath, who I learned to love from the Dissidia games despite my favorites being 4 and 9. I hope to compete in the tournaments in Los Angeles if I can get a team together. As it stands I mostly just stream it and am on the climb grind. I hope to meet a good bit of you on my journey!

• Upvote 3

Hey guys, I've been loving Dissidia Nt which dropped not that long ago. Been a pretty fun fighting game easy to play and the new team mechanic is pretty interesting. I don't think I ever completed a mainline final fantasy game other than 15 but I know some stuff about all of them. Put like 300 hours on Dissidia Duodecim just for fun, loved playing vs the cpus and the story mode. I really love the mix between RPG and fighting which are my two favorite genres. Don't really think of myself as a competitive person, just like figuring stuff out in the game. Played smash 4 competitively though before, used to be PRd #1 in my hometown. In NT I've been playing Bartz and loving his mechanics and playstyle. Signed up for this website because I saw the Final Fantasy twitter talk about tournaments. The prize for the newest tournament "Newtale" is the soundtrack which is something I would love to have in my car. So I was driven to find a team and stuff and compete for that. My solo rank is Diamond B as Bartz, and seen the people that are competing online already. If you want to play in that tournament and lack a partner I'm down for it! 

Actually sort of hoping that my local Gamer bar/dungeon starts hosting local tournaments for this game sometime later, it was even promised! Getting some more experience now wouldn't be too bad as well.

• Upvote 2

Yo. I'm mint, pretty new here. I've been a Final Fantasy fan for awhile, although the only ones I've really played are FFI, FF6(Favorite), FF7, FF10, and FF13. When I was younger I got the first Dissidia on my PSP and played it all the time (replaying it now, there was a LOOOOT of content in this game, like wow.). With NT coming out I got hype but after seeing some of the gameplay(strictly 3v3) it seemed pretty eh imo. I found my PSP awhile ago and started playing Dissidia for fun and it's actually sort of addicting, despite the fact that I have yet to play online. Playing it again made me want to look up tournaments and then I started watching Duodecim videos-which, holy fuck it's crazy entertaining to watch high level play-and now I'm here. Didn't even realize there WAS a Dissidia community tbh.

Anyway, my main goal now is getting Duodecim on my Vita (I doubt anyone plays the original anymore + my PSP is kinda broken), and playing that with people. That's my introduction, I guess, I look forward to playing more Dissidia, and maybe I'll get NT at some point.

• Upvote 1

Name's Azrael, I go by Az often enough. I've been a Final Fantasy fan since I was a kid (I'm 34) from Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy IX. Then I joined the Army at 19-going-on-20 in 2004 and was overseas in Germany and a few tours in iraq. I missed out on a LOT and fell behind. When I came back to gaming, it was a different world, but my favorite was always FF8. Seifer in particular was my favorite and I always viewed him differently than others, less a villian and more like a victim like Kain was. I also related to the character and used my imagination to fill in his backstory. Would always use cheats to play as Seifer in FF8, travel all around the world after beating the game and battle monsters, imagining storylines and so forth in my head. Final Fantasy X was...NOT my style. I gave FInal Fantasy XI a try, it just wasn't for me. Didn't have any real interest in XII or XIII, I gave XIV an honest try...I'm sorry, no. Just not me. 

But Final Fantasy Dissidia? I thought it was EXCELLENT. Though I felt Seifer would have been a better rival for Squall. I was a bit disappointed there weren't extra characters. Still, I loved the game, the fighting system, the way it was all weaved together into a decent storyline. I was hyped for Duodecim and was CONFIDENT without a doubt they'd stuff Seifer in there.

And they didn't. STILL an awesome game though, but then I found out about some mods (I mostly play on PPSSPP on my laptop). Some time ago, I managed to make a Seifer MOD over Squall and had a lot of fun. I have a different laptop now and I stopped serving in the army since 2014 (Stopped from active duty, I'm now in the National Guard) but I was redownloaded emulators, games....and man, did I miss playing as Seifer in DD! So I decided to redownload it. And I cannot, for the life of me, remember how I properly modded Seifer in the game, lol.

In DD, I'm more about being true to the character's fighting style than actually winning. In the case of Seifer, I usually apply items and so forth that closer match how I felt him to be in FF8 and when using him as a mod over Squall, I tended to focus on attacks that looked more like Seifer's style (Squall's gunblade style has been noted as switching sometimes from one-handed to two-handed attacks and Seifer is known to have an affinity for fire, so I do a lot of that). It's fun and challenging. If ANYONE could help me with how to mod SEifer back in my PPSSPP emulation of Final Fantasy DuoDecim, I would greatly apprecaite it. I'm starting over from scratch basically, since my old laptop died. That being said, I really enjoy the Final Fantasy series as a whole and I'm certainly not against talking to people about it. I don't believe there is a bad FInal Fantasy game. Just some we like over others.

And if you're a fellow FF8 fan, let's be friends. There ain't that many of us, it seems.

Looking forward to having some fun here.