Aegis Runestone

final fantasy record keeper
Final Fantasy Record Keeper

382 posts in this topic

This is the general thread for discussing Final Fantasy Record Keeper for those of you who play it. Before the Dissidiaforums went down, I mostly chatted with DJVD and Jordy about the game.

--WARNING--
This thread will have a lot of odd acronyms that apply to FFRK, here's the list!

A guide to terms and abbreviations of FFRK - Version 4.0 (reddit)

So, if anyone else plays it, let's discuss it here! My current lament is my lack of Mythril and I have such a hard time getting it. I see players posting (on GameFAQs) that they have 250+ Mythril and it's common. They aren't bragging, they only post it when there are threads like "how are you going to spend your mythril?" Interesting side-note: the FFRK GameFAQs board (the iOS one, almost no one uses the Android one, and people in the iOS one don't care if you're using Apple or Google) is the least toxic, if toxic at all, board on GameFAQs that I've seen.

So, anyway, my current Mythril state is awful. It's making it hard for me to progress further. Anyone got any secrets to getting a lot of Mythril?

Also, my code is: KD5P - my nick will be "AegisRst" since I can't fit my entire nick in.

Edited by Aegis Runestone
Terms 4.0

Did someone say Record Keeper?!?!

Anyways, I'm more or less in the same boat, my mythril is pitiful, I always get 50 and spend it on a Relic Draw I want, It's a grind every event ;-;

Oh, my code is: Y5Qs - my nickname is Deraj

At least we have some sort of guarantee though, it was bad when you used 50 mythril and got nothing in return...

Ughh my thread had over 100 pages before the site died ;-; (I literally JUST signed up for this site) It's me, DJVD.

2 hours ago, DJVD said:

Ughh my thread had over 100 pages before the site died ;-; (I literally JUST signed up for this site) It's me, DJVD.

YAY! You're here! :D :D

Aw, who cares! At least we can talk about it here!

Also: Tyro mastered his BSB. And Golbez mastered Cosmic Ray. And Yuna mastered her Bahamut Summon. I also pulled her Chaos Rod trying to get Tidus's OSB. *sigh* Tidus and Lightning have nothing for themselves. I mean, Miracle Veil is cool and all, but I needz some weapons for them.

But, I did get High Scorer recently, and then about two dungeons later, Ace Striker. Ohhh yeah. [/raynor]

It's been recommended I wait until the OSB Fest in December as BOTH Tidus's OSB and BSB are on there, and on the SAME banner, I might add. o.o;

Now, we just need jordy and... I forgot the other guy's name, to return and we'll have everyone! :D

At least we have some sort of guarantee though, it was bad when you used 50 mythril and got nothing in return...

True that.

I beat  Geosgaeno on Ultimate+ and I was so rushed into getting the MC3 and just spending time raising Lightning's level to 99, that I realized I forgot to record my fight and screenshot my party setup, for both the U and U+ o.e

I'll do that in a bit though... while trying to champion U and U+ this time. Barely scraped by with my SB team.

So.... About the Halloween Present issue. Anybody else waiting for their 25 mythril, if you didn't already get them? I'm waiting for mine. Can't believe I have to wait until 1AM here to get my missed mythril.

Edited by DJVD
Adding more

Spoiler

njUJThG.jpg

Spoiler

EmCH3jf.png

I beat my first U++ fight!!! WOOOOO!!! I also recorded all three Ultimate fights, so I'll be editing and uploading them onto YouTube.

EDIT:

Spoiler

As I promised:

I should have used Paine instead of Celes. Probably didn't matter anyway. lol

Edited by DJVD

Owch, sorry to hear you had to wait so long for the 25 Mythril. I got mine in the first wave... and then wasted it on Tidus's OSB banner... :( Kain's event starts in TEN days. I NEED at least Rydia's BSB from that banner. ARGH!

Nice job! I'll watch the videos when I get home from work. And congrats on beating your first U++. How many S/Ls and/or continues?

I never S/L. When I know I'm screwed, I just let my party die. Ain't nobody got time for spending mythril on an Ultimate++ dungeon lol! It took me 6 or 7 tries, though. And I probably should have used Paine instead of Celes, since in this case she'd be a synergy Spellblade Knight in this fight. Either way, Vaan and Cait Sith lived.

Speaking of Cait Sith, I got Green Megaphone for him the other day. And I got Zidane's Orichalcum. And Snow's Power Circle. It's funny because now I have Vaan and Zidane's Orichalcum daggers loool

Edited by DJVD

Uhh... S/L != Continue. Do you know what S/L is? Save/Load.

When you're losing, you turn off the app and reload it. The game starts you from the start of the battle fresh as if nothing happened and you lose no Stamina.

Continuing is using a Mythril or 100 gems to raise your party to max HP/Abilities and a random bonus of +2 Abilties, +10% HP, Bonus to Attack, Bonus to Defense.

I never would have beaten my first U+ if I hadn't used a Mythril to continue. I also would have never gotten P.Cecil's MC3 if I hadn't used Mythril.

Sometimes, you need to use Mythril to get what you need done.

Edit: Apparently DeNa knows its my birthday month. Kain's Event starts 4 days before my birthday, and Multiplayer Open Beta is ON my birthday (the 21st).

They might as well just send me P.Cecil's OSB (Ragnarok) on the 21st. <3 Or 500 Mythril.

I didn't know you could restart a battle like that O-O 

I've also needed to use mythril to beat fights, needed the extra buffs sometimes. I only have to use them for Ultimate dungeons though (especially for those MC3). 

It sounds like your birthday will be quite exciting :D

Also, somewhat unrelated. Since the FFXII relic drop period was extended a bit, i rolled again and got Larsa's Super, Healing and Haste for everyone :D :D :D

1 hour ago, Aegis Runestone said:

Uhh... S/L != Continue. Do you know what S/L is? Save/Load.

When you're losing, you turn off the app and reload it. The game starts you from the start of the battle fresh as if nothing happened and you lose no Stamina.

Continuing is using a Mythril or 100 gems to raise your party to max HP/Abilities and a random bonus of +2 Abilties, +10% HP, Bonus to Attack, Bonus to Defense.

I never would have beaten my first U+ if I hadn't used a Mythril to continue. I also would have never gotten P.Cecil's MC3 if I hadn't used Mythril.

Sometimes, you need to use Mythril to get what you need done.

Edit: Apparently DeNa knows its my birthday month. Kain's Event starts 4 days before my birthday, and Multiplayer Open Beta is ON my birthday (the 21st).

They might as well just send me P.Cecil's OSB (Ragnarok) on the 21st. <3 Or 500 Mythril.

I know what S/L is, and I didn't do that. I just killed off my characters. I just set up my party differently every time I died, since I was doing things wrong every time. Trial and error, ya know? I wasn't going to S/L on a party I know that I screwed up with during the setup, and I'm not going to waste any mythril on such a party. What you see in my U++ fight is a fight I didn't have to use any mythrils on. I'm proud of it :3

Also, 

First time I used an all-magic party in a LONG time. Also the first time EVER using Gordon as my RW. Have to say, he's pretty interesting if you use him in some situations. Although he'd be much better paired with Shout (they stack apparently), I don't have a native Shout, so...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by DJVD

Half-off draw came out, so I thought "why not" and...

Spoiler

Oh look, MORE FF8 gear ._.

P5lt0He.jpg

Now I have two different Soul Breaks for Irvine.... And ANOTHER Ice-elemental Soul Break. xD

I'm not pulling. I'm saving my Mythril for the Kain event, especially since it is crazy hard for me to save Mythril now with the job I have. Also, Buster Sword and Revolver in the Lucky Draw? YeahNO. I've seen also A LOT of posts on the GameFAQs FFRK forums of a lot people getting very crappy relics from the "lucky draw." Quite a few rolled a Revolver and I even saw someone posted that they got Cloud's Buster Sword.

I also just beat the Magus Sisters a couple hours ago. I'm behind, yes, but I'm working on it.

Wow, nice mage team, DJVD. And you used Rydia. <3

Hey there,

I play a lot of ffrk and mytrhil has always been an issue but for right now I'm waiting for the Golbez event so I'm not spending a lot. What has worked for me all this time is not to spend mytrhil on events of only one ff I mean I only use mytrhil when there are hybrid events of more than one ff like the coliseum events or the likes and this works because I get relics for different ff's that can be used in the future.

I'm really behind the coliseum and the ffx event but I think that between today and tomorrow I will at least do u+ and the current coliseum event, but I'm really afraid to do the u++.

Also, don't you use hit and run for the u++. It helped me a lot last event.

Finally, since multiplayer is near lets add each other. My code is oMPi an my username is the same Gr8Pulse

Edited by Gr8Pulse
Add info

1 hour ago, Gr8Pulse said:

Also, don't you use hit and run for the u++

Hit and run?

Hay, look what I got today:

Spoiler

JFiXfHm.png

Spoiler

SIpSELa.png

Needless to say, a Level 99 P. Cecil + Excalibur against Evrae Altana and Seymour Natus & Mortibody and Geosgaeno (Elite++) leads to complete boss meltdown. Funny thing, Seymour Natus survived the Paladin Force onslaught, but his Mortibody didn't. So, the Mortibody drained Seymour... drained him of the last 3k health he had and killed him. :D

Also, Shout makes a level 99 P.Cecil with Excalibur even MORE deadly against those who have Holy Weaknesses.

Contrats on raising Cecil to 99 :P
I'll get Cecil to 99 one of these days... After breaking his MC3 cap, that is. lol

Also,

And now I'm gonna fight Omega Weapon. I should probably hone my Halting Rumba to R5, first.

Thanks!

Did you know Golbez and Cecil get synergy in that part of the event? It's because they're half-lunarians. XD

Hit and run is a strategy in wich you enter the battle hit the boss and flee, the idea is to charge the soul break bar, if the boss hits you you flee immediately so it doesn't count as a hit. The main purpose is to replace the soul break bar record materia, it consumes a lot of time and is most efective against bosses that have already a first turn scripted action but it works real good.

The only thing I didn't understood of the synergy is why Terra was leftout...

3 hours ago, Gr8Pulse said:

Hit and run is a strategy in wich you enter the battle hit the boss and flee, the idea is to charge the soul break bar, if the boss hits you you flee immediately so it doesn't count as a hit. The main purpose is to replace the soul break bar record materia, it consumes a lot of time and is most efective against bosses that have already a first turn scripted action but it works real good.

The only thing I didn't understood of the synergy is why Terra was leftout...

Ahhh, I've never thought of doing that! Maybe I should do that from now on... On 1 stamina bosses, though.

I was surprised as well about them not adding her. Her and Exdeath. EXDEATH IS A FUCKING TREE, HOW IS HE HUMAN?? lol

Terra isn't in the non-human synergy? Wat. The Fan Translation of the Japanese version of FF6 calls Espers "Phantom Beasts." She's a half-beast, dang it!

Beat Seymour U yesterday morning, and now I'm going to hit the U+ and finally get a second MC3.

Spoiler

BfCs5yk.png

Spoiler

0GRbJZc.png

After Anima was defeated by Cecil's Paladin Force, Seymour did say: "That power that defeated Anima... it will be MINE!" Yeahno, pal. Cecil's not giving you paladin power. :p

Also, Rydia brought Carbuncle, it was hilarious to watch Seymour kill himself. XD But, it did cost me when I faced Anima. I was unable to put up Protectga and Shellga (should have put those up first and THEN Carbuncle), but I did RW an SG.

5 hours ago, Aegis Runestone said:

Terra isn't in the non-human synergy? Wat. The Fan Translation of the Japanese version of FF6 calls Espers "Phantom Beasts." She's a half-beast, dang it!

Beat Seymour U yesterday morning, and now I'm going to hit the U+ and finally get a second MC3.

????

BfCs5yk.png

????

0GRbJZc.png

After Anima was defeated by Cecil's Paladin Force, Seymour did say: "That power that defeated Anima... it will be MINE!" Yeahno, pal. Cecil's not giving you paladin power. :p

Also, Rydia brought Carbuncle, it was hilarious to watch Seymour kill himself. XD But, it did cost me when I faced Anima. I was unable to put up Protectga and Shellga (should have put those up first and THEN Carbuncle), but I did RW an SG.

Nice. The U+ is much easier than many people think. The thing's weak against multiple elements. You still need water-element to fill  the goal if you care about that, but yeah.

So I'm having trouble fighting Omega. I have Halting Rumba honed to R4, but I run out of uses halfway through the fight. The closest I got to beating him was me getting him to 1/8 of his health. I have a mage using Chain Thundaga and Thundaja (with Bolt from Above RM to maximize the damage), and the rest of my party is a bunch of SB users. Vaan, Zack, Zidane, and Cait Sith. I have Cait Sith using Halting Rumba, and then try to squeeze in his Moogle Dance at some point. I have my three physical fighters spam the hell out of Lifesiphon (glad it doesn't miss even if my party gets blinded), and I have my mage just spamming the thunder attacks. But for some reason, multiple soul break uses aren't good enough. -_-
And I don't have any thunder-elemental soul breaks, so that's out of the question.

Well, I did the U+ with: P. Cecil, Yuna, Ramza, Rydia, and Cloud, and well...

I think I mis-timed my second SG RW because Geo killed everyone except P. Cecil at the end with a Tsunami. Cecil finished him with a Paladin Force, but I lost four medals. Two on damage, two for KOs. I got the MC3, but did not master it. :/ Dat Stone AoE attack. >.> Ugh!

So, I'm trying Rosa instead of Yuna since Rosa has Miracle and Miracle + SG is a lot of mitigation.

Okay, with Rosa, the battle went better, and no one got KOed. Though, that last Tsunami again hurt a lot. x.x;

I'm done with this event. :p