Aegis Runestone

final fantasy record keeper
Final Fantasy Record Keeper

419 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Deraj8 said:

welp all that saving up was fudging worthless. I didn't get Hope's OSB, or Noel's BSB

That sucks.

Annnndddd no one congratz me on getting Edge's BSB. I see how it is.

Beat it in just 5 minutes, speed setting of 1...

Spoiler

Papalymo's new SB sure helped a lot lol

Posted (edited)

Good job to the both of you!

Does anyone else not like the new version? I updated last night from the play store and I have to rub my phone screen at the bottom vigorously for my PHONE's home buttons to appear so I can exit. -_-

Edited by Aegis Runestone

27 minutes ago, Aegis Runestone said:

Good job to the both of you!

Does anyone else not like the new version? I updated last night from the play store and I have to rub my phone screen at the bottom vigorously for my PHONE's home buttons to appear so I can exit. -_-

Good thing I haven't update it :D

Most of the time when there's a new update for this game, it's always come with trouble T_T

Posted (edited)

Lady of The Vortex Ultimate - Ultimate++ :

Spoiler

Multiplayer Aiatar Ultimate+ - Apocalypse :

Spoiler

Edited by deathcloud

I haven't had time to do more Record Keeping. Work, FFX HD Remaster on PC, Skyrim, Final Fantasy VI GBA with restored color and sound (ON A GBA CART, TOO!) are taking up my time. ESPECIALLY work since it's TAX SEASON. X.X;

But I've been crawling through the FF5 event, though, to be honest, I need to crush Ultima Weapon first, since he'll vanish before the FF5 and FF14 events.

You're gonna have so much fun on the Ultima Weapon fight, Aegis. xD

Looks like the ETA date was wrong. FF13's event ETA was said to be today, but nope. Tomorrow.

You know what else is tomorrow? MC3 BATCH! Gonna spend my two MC3s on Gilga and Papalymo :3

ExDeath's Soul and the dragon (+++) are kicking my trash. I have Bartz (Light of the Four), Lenna (default. :/), Gilgamesh (Faithful Companion), Faris (Beryl Serpent), and ExDeath (Grand Cross/Power of the Void).

I'm getting my butt handed to me once the dragon's down. However, ExDeath is weak to Holy, so I'm replacing Bartz with Cecil, and ExDeath with Rosa, and Lenna with Y'shlota (because I have SS2). I'm giving Cecil Azure Blade as his RM (boosted Holy Damage), his Excalibur, R2 Banishing Strike and R2 Saint Cross. I'm going to massacre this ExDeath's Soul, dang it!

Also, Gilgamesh? He has Draw Fire and Retaliate. I put that on with earlier attempts and it helped A LOT.

1 hour ago, Aegis Runestone said:

ExDeath's Soul and the dragon (+++) are kicking my trash. I have Bartz (Light of the Four), Lenna (default. :/), Gilgamesh (Faithful Companion), Faris (Beryl Serpent), and ExDeath (Grand Cross/Power of the Void).

I'm getting my butt handed to me once the dragon's down. However, ExDeath is weak to Holy, so I'm replacing Bartz with Cecil, and ExDeath with Rosa, and Lenna with Y'shlota (because I have SS2). I'm giving Cecil Azure Blade as his RM (boosted Holy Damage), his Excalibur, R2 Banishing Strike and R2 Saint Cross. I'm going to massacre this ExDeath's Soul, dang it!

Also, Gilgamesh? He has Draw Fire and Retaliate. I put that on with earlier attempts and it helped A LOT.

.... I meant the FF5 Ultimate.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Aegis Runestone said:

.... I meant the FF5 Ultimate.

Yeah, I kinda figured when I read it.

If I were you, I'd just put your A-team in the fight and ignore the FF5 synergy, except Faris since you have her BSB.
And equip KO-resisting accessories, if you have any. Blaze is NOT fire-elemental, but gravity-elemental, and both guys can use it. Even if you have only one KO-resisting accessory, put it on your healer since you're gonna need to have that healer do her thing throughout the fight. And since you have Y'shtola's SS2, I suggest you put Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teachings RM on her and make her your healer for the fight and start the fight with SS2. You're gonna need it.

Let's see... You have Cecil's BSB. You have Faris's BSB. You have Y'shtola's SS2. You have Ramza's Shout (or DO you?... since you have NEEEEVER shown your pull /sarcasm :P) That's a good start right there. If you have anything else Holy-elemental, whether it's abilities or soul breaks, you should put them in your party, and you should put pick Beatrix's BSB as the RW. Cecil will have a lot of fun AFTER you RW-summon Beatrix.

If you're not sure what to pick for your 5th member, I'd go with another Support character, or another healer just to stay on top of things.
(If you pick another healer, go with Lenna. Dance, water, dance! ....wait, wrong game. But yeah, Lenna.)

Hope this helps. :S

Edited by DJVD

Posted (edited)

I already beat him, DJVD, but thanks. :) I beat him with my planned set up. I RW'ed Vessel of Fate. Though, Cecil was already punishing ExDeath's Soul pretty hard with Azure Blade + Excalibur + Saint Cross/Banishing Strike.

Gah, I didn't know Blaze was and I have some KO resist accessories! >_<; Still, I didn't lose any medals.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to finish Ward of the Crystals. I beat Val and Earth Guardian, but it ends today and I don't have the time because I'm spending time with family. :/

Edit: Nevermind, looks like we're staying home. I just beat the Ochus (easy as pie). Rydia did the most damage with Stoneja and Quake. :p

I'm going for Rubicante now.... and I'm going to test out Edge's BSB on him.

I'm scared of Bartz U+, though. >.>

HOLY MOLY! Edge's BSB against Rubicante U+ is a deathblow (if Rubicante's cape is open), and every time I unleashed it, Rubicante had his cape open.

Edge was doing about 7k per hit! And that's 8 hits, too! O_O; Fire resist accessories were really helpful, I'm SO glad we got Locke's Bandana--I had enough fire resist for all party members.

I used:
Ramza (Full Break/Magic Breakdown) - (Shout*/Tailwind) - (Ace Striker)
Rosa (Curaja/Shellga) - (Divine Heal) - (Battleforged)
Edge (Flurry of Petals/Shadowsteel)** - (Seething Waters) - (Mako Might)
Rydia (Bioga/Quake) - (Odin) - (Blood of the Espers)
Y'shlota (Curaga/Protectga) - (Stoneskin 2) - (Dr. Mog's Teachings)
RW: Vessel of Fate

*Shout was used once on accident. I didn't need it.
**I never used any of Edge's abilities, just his BSB and Burst commands (apparently, Edge's burst commands are not absorbed by Rubicante).

48 minutes ago, Aegis Runestone said:

(apparently, Edge's burst commands are not absorbed by Rubicante).

Water/Non-elemental. The non-elemental part takes priority if boss resists or absorbs the former element. :P

Finally got around to uploading the boss fights I did like a week ago lol.
I finally managed to do my first CM, too! But then again, it's thanks to all the pulls I did lol... And Y'shtola's SS2. :P

Spoiler

Good job, DJVD.

But guess what...

I BEAT ULTIMA WEAPON! We didn't do family stuff after all!

Here's the album:

http://imgur.com/a/Ut54F

In case you're too lazy to read the description, here's my setup:

Spoiler

Setup: 1) P. Cecil - FF4 Excalibur, lv. 20/20 Aug 20/20; FFT Grand Armor lv. 20/20 Aug 1/15; Victory Pendant - Saint Cross R2/Protectga R2 - Paladin Force - Azure Blade

2) Rosa - FF4 Artemis Bow lv. 20/20 Aug 18/20; FF4 Luminous Robe (6 Star) lv. 25/25 Aug 3/10; FF14 Emerald Ring - Curaja R5/Shellga R2 - Divine Heal - Dr. Mog's Teachings

3) Ramza - FFT Reforged Plat Sword** lv. 35/35 Aug 5/20; FF4 White Dress (6 Star and LOL) lv. 25/25 Aug 2/15; FF7 Zack's Earring - Full Break R2/Banishing Strike R2 - Shout/Tailwind - Battleforged

4) Y'shtola - FF6 Chocobo Brush (6 Star) lv. 25/25 Aug 2/20; FF2 White Robe lv. 20/20 Aug 1/15; FF4 Sand Pearl - Curaga R5/Diaga R2 - SS2/Aetherial Pulse - Mako Might

5) Kain - FF4 Abel's Lance lv. 20/20 Aug 16/20; FF6 Crystal Mail lv. 20/20 Aug 1/10; FF4 Kain's Boots - Leaching Jump R3/Sky High R1 - Dragoon's Pride/Rising Drive - Illustrious Dragoon.

Man, I was so happy. It took me four continues, but I beat him. I'm glad the game didn't kick out of the battle at the end of the event. I CLEARED IT! YES!

BTW: Would this count as a U++?

1 hour ago, Aegis Runestone said:

Good job, DJVD.

But guess what...

I BEAT ULTIMA WEAPON! We didn't do family stuff after all!

Here's the album:

http://imgur.com/a/Ut54F

In case you're too lazy to read the description, here's my setup:

!

Setup: 1) P. Cecil - FF4 Excalibur, lv. 20/20 Aug 20/20; FFT Grand Armor lv. 20/20 Aug 1/15; Victory Pendant - Saint Cross R2/Protectga R2 - Paladin Force - Azure Blade

2) Rosa - FF4 Artemis Bow lv. 20/20 Aug 18/20; FF4 Luminous Robe (6 Star) lv. 25/25 Aug 3/10; FF14 Emerald Ring - Curaja R5/Shellga R2 - Divine Heal - Dr. Mog's Teachings

3) Ramza - FFT Reforged Plat Sword** lv. 35/35 Aug 5/20; FF4 White Dress (6 Star and LOL) lv. 25/25 Aug 2/15; FF7 Zack's Earring - Full Break R2/Banishing Strike R2 - Shout/Tailwind - Battleforged

4) Y'shtola - FF6 Chocobo Brush (6 Star) lv. 25/25 Aug 2/20; FF2 White Robe lv. 20/20 Aug 1/15; FF4 Sand Pearl - Curaga R5/Diaga R2 - SS2/Aetherial Pulse - Mako Might

5) Kain - FF4 Abel's Lance lv. 20/20 Aug 16/20; FF6 Crystal Mail lv. 20/20 Aug 1/10; FF4 Kain's Boots - Leaching Jump R3/Sky High R1 - Dragoon's Pride/Rising Drive - Illustrious Dragoon.

Man, I was so happy. It took me four continues, but I beat him. I'm glad the game didn't kick out of the battle at the end of the event. I CLEARED IT! YES!

BTW: Would this count as a U++?

So you did pretty much what I suggested, with Kain as an addition lol. What was your RW?
And congrats :P

Also, kongbakpao says the difficulty for Ultima was Calamity (which is like in-between Ultimate++ and Apocalypse, apparently). So technically, you beat something harder than a U++.

12 hours ago, DJVD said:

Also, kongbakpao says the difficulty for Ultima was Calamity (which is like in-between Ultimate++ and Apocalypse, apparently). So technically, you beat something harder than a U++.

Really? It felt a little too easy for me, it felt just like an Ultimate++ battle, though that might just because my entire party had record synergy. I just used the same strategy as I did of the other 4 bosses and Ultima went down easily enough. I was able to beat it on my first try. Then again, Vanille's burst mode is the most amazing thing I ever had, and Vaan's cut Ultima's magic pretty low.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Deraj8 said:

Really? It felt a little too easy for me, it felt just like an Ultimate++ battle, though that might just because my entire party had record synergy. I just used the same strategy as I did of the other 4 bosses and Ultima went down easily enough. I was able to beat it on my first try. Then again, Vanille's burst mode is the most amazing thing I ever had, and Vaan's cut Ultima's magic pretty low.

Yeah, I agree. Definitely U++.

Also...

Spoiler

Mkwabvw.png

My second OSB!

I finally have a relic for Lightning! :D

Edit: Also, I beat Bartz U+ earlier today.
Album: http://imgur.com/a/yRTpQ

Flash of Defiance U - U++ :

Spoiler

Multiplayer Barthandelus U+ - Apocalypse :

Spoiler

Edited by deathcloud

Remember when I said I'm saving up for Tactics? I changed my mind. I'll spend on the half off during the next dungeon update next week, but then I'll be saving up until March, when the 2nd anniversary event happens :P

1 hour ago, DJVD said:

Remember when I said I'm saving up for Tactics? I changed my mind. I'll spend on the half off during the next dungeon update next week, but then I'll be saving up until March, when the 2nd anniversary event happens :P

I'm waiting until Jan 24th... when the Summoner 2 banner comes in. I'm getting Rydia's BSB from that.

*Post above about his new OSB and beating Bartz U+ is ignored as usual*

@deathcloud Nice job, there!