Aegis Runestone

final fantasy record keeper
Final Fantasy Record Keeper

426 posts in this topic

So I just recently started with this game and I'm liking it so far. I was just wondering a few things. So I get a stat boost if a hero from a certain world is used in a corresponding world. How is the stat boost in end game? noticeable? or ignorable? seems quite good in early game. Also I want Shantotto :O

2 minutes ago, Cherub said:

So I just recently started with this game and I'm liking it so far. I was just wondering a few things. So I get a stat boost if a hero from a certain world is used in a corresponding world. How is the stat boost in end game? noticeable? or ignorable? seems quite good in early game. Also I want Shantotto :O

Realm Synergy is temporary. It remains as long as that hero is in their respective realm. Also, items from certain Realms (like P. Cecil's Excalibur, for example), ALSO get Realm Synergy even if wielded by a character not from that realm.

Welcome to the game, Cherub. As for your question, I'll give you an example as an answer:
If you use Cloud in a FF7 realm, Cloud will get a stat boost (technically known as Record Synergy) in that realm only, but not in any other realm. There are, however, certain events, that give Record Synergy to certain other people.
For example: Nightmare Dungeons will give Record Synergy to certain people depending on which dungeon you're in. There is a dungeon in the Nightmare Dungeons that give Record Synergy to 5* White Magic users no matter what realm they're originally from. So you could have Aerith from FF7, Garnet from FF9, and Selphie from FF8 in the same party and get Record Synergy for all three in the same battle.
That's just one example though, and Nightmare Dungeons are closed right now (as you can see from the Home menu, the Nightmare Dungeon is inaccessible at the moment).
And like Aegis said, characters aren't the only thing that get Record Synergy. Equipment do too. I have Cloud's new Ragnarok relic, and it has 164 ATK without Record Synergy. But WITH synergy, it has 277 ATK. Since it's a FF7 weapon, it would normally only get synergy only in a FF7 realm, unless it's in some special event like the Nightmare Dungeons, as I mentioned above. (you wouldn't want to use a sword in a white mage dungeon though, so be careful :P)

By the way, there is no "end game" to anything in this game yet. We're not even close to being done with the game, as the game has a LOT more to offer, with a lot more to come. If you want to find more info on this game, such as knowing the Level 80 or 99 stats of your favorite characters, I'll give you a few links below:
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home This is the link people go to, to find info on anything that's already out, whether it's the characters you want, or the relics you want, or basically anything you want, that are already out right now.
http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/events/ This is the link people go to, to find out what events are coming up. This is good for planning whatever relics you want to pull, and what characters you'll see yourself obtaining.
https://www.ffrkcentral.com/
This is good to find news about what's going to happen really soon in the game. Normally, kongbakpao is good for finding out what events are planned, but ffrkcentral keeps you updated daily on what's going to happen in for global real soon, and what's happening for the JP version.
http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf This is the link people go to, to find out the damage multipliers for whatever ability they plan on using (if you don't understand the deal about damage multipliers, I'll say this... The bigger the number, the more damage the ability deals). It's a big file, but it is still helpful. Just CTRL+F and type in whatever you're looking for. There are also other info there, like finding out how much exp is required to level up for each level, how much of a stat boost each Record Materia or Soul Break does, and many more. You just need to CTRL+F and type in whatever it is you're looking for, like I said.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16K1Zryyxrh7vdKVF1f7eRrUAOC5wuzvC3q2gFLch6LQ/edit?pli=1#gid=938172420  This is the link people go to, to find out almost everything for the game, for both the english version, and the Japanese version. You can switch between tabs to find info on whatever you're looking for. You'll find level 99 stats for characters that aren't possible to achieve level 99 with in the English version yet (or as they call the game global, for outside of Japan), you'll find relics with soul breaks that aren't out in global yet, you'll find. This is a good source to rely on, since most global players can't read Japanese, so they wouldn't be able to know what relics they'll want if they went to only kongbakpao to plan. Just remember to switch between tabs at the bottom to find whatever it is you're looking for.

Good luck, and have fun playing!

Hey Aegis, guess what?

Spoiler

3ce84857-784e-307a-a60c-2318f140dbeb.jpgb0047e38-93f2-30cf-8081-5d16d47376c0.jpg994f9346-d520-367f-aa3e-e521b56763fc.jpg

Don't you just love it when you're facing the Apocalypse boss, and their game-changing move is supposed to screw you up, but instead they just become a little bitch instead? Because that's exactly what happened here LOL
You can find those shots down below, starting at 10:18:

This is my biggest fuck you to DeNA, for not giving me back my Summons. >:(

Dawn of a Legend U - U++ :

Spoiler

Multiplayer Garland U+ - Apocalypse :

Spoiler

Oh gosh, thanks a lot DJVD! I looked up some of the characters I want but the recruitment method doesn't really tell me anything. I know where to get Shantotto from and I am working on that. But where do I get Edea and Kefka from? 

Either from an event featuring FF8 or FF6(FF8 is coming in a week or two just check the konpako link DVD linked for who you can unlock in that realm and others you like) to where you get them as event dungeon rewards or get a Soul of a Hero to exchange at the Hall of Rites for whatever character you that is available. Afterwards you'll want to obtain their Memory crystals to break their level caps as high as you can. 

Edited by xXxBlakkLitexXx

1 hour ago, Aegis Runestone said:

Wow, DJVD. Draw Fire + Retaliate, I assume? :)

Yup. That's what happened lol. I'm seriously debating on whether Auron does it better, or Gilgamesh.

14 hours ago, Cherub said:

Oh gosh, thanks a lot DJVD! I looked up some of the characters I want but the recruitment method doesn't really tell me anything. I know where to get Shantotto from and I am working on that. But where do I get Edea and Kefka from? 

You can either get your wanted characters from events (though that would take a while depending on the characters you want), or you can spend a "Soul of a Hero" and get whatever character you want. And you get these "Soul of a Hero" by clearing a certain dungeon in every event, usually the last dungeon in the Classic dungeons in each event. It's not hard though, unless your characters are below level 20.
By the way, you said you want Edea, and she's going to be in the next event, so you can get her there instead of spending one of the Souls I was talking about. And since a Soul of a Hero is going to be in that event, you can spend that on Kefka.

To be able to find whatever character you want after you get a Soul of a Hero, be on the Home tab, tap on The Annex tab, then tap on Hall of Rites. This is also the place you'll be able to spend your Memory Crystal Lodes.

Most of my characters are indeed below 20 as of right now but my Shantotto is at 41. So I doubt I'll have big problems with it. Also gonna level up as I naturally advance in the game.

That's great, then.

Also forgot to mention two important things.
1. Save your mythril for relic pulls. I'm not talking 5 or 15 mythril pulls, I'm talking 50 mythril. Don't spend your mythril restarting a battle, or refreshing your stamina, or anything else. Just relic pulls. Also, there's going to be a half-off draw (11 relics draw for 25 mythril) in about 45 minutes, so if you have enough mythril for that, be sure to pull!

2. There are some record materias you'll want to go for right away.
Tyro's Dr Mog's Teachings
Cloud's Mako Might
Steiner's Knight's Charge
Tidus's Ace Striker
Ramza's Battleforged

These are very important Record Materias to have on your team when you have a party full of people who can use at least one soul break. You can look up how to obtain these Record Materias in-game.

So.... I did the half-off draw (the only one I've been looking forward to) in hope of pulling a dupe of my favorite BSB. Guess what?

Spoiler

16708628_1670435139640135_45733781817876

I fucking DID IT.

EDIT:

Spoiler

16708492_1670452219638427_43097901133977
318 ATK, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DJVD

I wanted a second Ragnarok for P. Cecil. :( I tried. Instead I lost money. >_<; Though, I did get Edge's Red Jacket.

Gratz, DJVD.

Edited by Aegis Runestone

I did 1 25xmythril draw already once. So as of right now, kind of short on them. But I will keep that in mind, just gonna save up mythril until relic draws come along suited for my characters.

8 hours ago, Aegis Runestone said:

I wanted a second Ragnarok for P. Cecil. :( I tried. Instead I lost money. >_<; Though, I did get Edge's Red Jacket.

Gratz, DJVD.

Wait... You got Edge's Red Jacket in the half-off for a FF8/FF11/FF12 banner?

So did the 11relic draw for 25 mythril. 

Got Red scorpion whip (quistis) and quistis dress (funnily enough my Paladin Cecil is now wearing quistis dress kek). I have the feeeeelin this game wants me to play quistis. Just a hunch.

14 hours ago, DJVD said:

Wait... You got Edge's Red Jacket in the half-off for a FF8/FF11/FF12 banner?

No, on the FF4 Banner 4 before it went.

3 hours ago, Cherub said:

So did the 11relic draw for 25 mythril. 

Got Red scorpion whip (quistis) and quistis dress (funnily enough my Paladin Cecil is now wearing quistis dress kek). I have the feeeeelin this game wants me to play quistis. Just a hunch.

I used to say this "don't let relics decide your team." Unfortunately, you joined at the time that we have massive power creep, so Relics do kinda decide your team. :/

When I joined in May 2016, I could beat semi-difficult content with P. Cecil wielding DK Cecil's Deathbringer. I wanted to play my dream FF party and that's what Record Keeper presented itself as to me.

Because I chase them, I have a ton of relics for FF4's realm (hey, my favorite game of all time), and I have some cool stuff for other characters I like (Terra, Yuna, Lightning, etc.), so I can make my dream team I want. :3

The point of the half off realm banners are to give you synergy for the dungeons they recently added to the main campaign every month. But if you pull something that is of great use for a character with a good deal of versatiliy in their ability pool then go for it. 

And from what you pulled you got Quistis' Super AND Burst Breaks in a single pull which is pretty damn good in my eyes. And Quistis herself when you look at her is a support mage moreso than anything but since you have her SB's you can RES buff/Hastega/Major regen your party and be the Bio Magic damage queen. 

BSB pulls are never bad. Never

5 hours ago, xXxBlakkLitexXx said:

BSB pulls are never bad. Never

Unless it's Tiny Bee or Fenrir Overdrive. :V
But yeah, you're right.

I agree with Aegis, relics do decide your team at this point now. And if you can, as soon as possible be sure you try and get Tyro's Sentinel's Grimoire or Y'shtola's Stoneskin II, and Ramza's Shout (or something very similar to it. There are a few like it, use the google spreadsheet link I sent you).

9 hours ago, DJVD said:

Unless it's Tiny Bee or Fenrir Overdrive. :V
But yeah, you're right

Yeah Tiny Bee is a lolSB but Fenrir is still decent as a BSB if you don't have much else for PSY damage Soul Breaks ontop of DeNa always spoiling Cloud and his fanboys with the new soul break mechanics. But indeed Fenrir will be obsolete when Cloud's BSB 2 drops: 

EnWind, Self buff command 2 which makes command 1 do more damage off of Cloud's attack stat. Yummy. Cannot wait for that banner. 

Think Tiny Bee has been upstaged already too with Yuna's BSB 2 with its summon gimmick which I'm person ally not a fan of but it works and does a lot more for Yuna. 

Forgot to upload this a few days ago, finally got around to it lol

Spoiler

16831013_1675213505828965_70536447613256

That's the most greens I've ever earned in one battle ._.

1 hour ago, DJVD said:
  ????

16831013_1675213505828965_70536447613256

That's the most greens I've ever earned in one battle ._.

Nice!

As for Chaos...

WHY NO FINAL BATTLE MUSIC? I swear FFI NES was so boring. >_<;

Good job beating down that U++. One thing worth mentioning is that bringing Mind Break/Breakdown on Vaan(or Ramza and Tyro) woulda brought down those Stop durations a good sum. That or higher Mind per character. 

7 hours ago, xXxBlakkLitexXx said:

Good job beating down that U++. One thing worth mentioning is that bringing Mind Break/Breakdown on Vaan(or Ramza and Tyro) woulda brought down those Stop durations a good sum. That or higher Mind per character. 

All things considered, I wasn't too worried about the Stop status, since my mitigation was as high as I could get at those times. You're right though, Mind Breakdown is something to think about.