Aegis Runestone

final fantasy record keeper
Final Fantasy Record Keeper

427 posts in this topic

If you're gonna go against the newest mote boss (Ahriman), be sure to bring Esuna. That, or tauntaliate.
Also, assuming you have Shout in your party, use Luneth's new BSB as your RW, and have two people use the RW. Assuming both of the RW-using people are using the first Burst Command, you'll be chipping off about 32k per turn.

lol good call on the draw. I was hoping to pull a super or burst. ughhhh

Spoiler

They're just coming out with new bosses left and right for the last few days LOL
So I recorded my multiplayer fight. SOMEONE LEFT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHT AND I HAD TO CONTROL HIS PARTY. F&#K HIM.
To be fair though, I controlled his party better than he controlled them. xD

Nice! I never finished the last version of Ifirt in the last multiplayer beta.

I'm trying to beat the FF13 Mote Boss, but I don't think my hones are high enough, either that or I need more healing. :/

Edited by Aegis Runestone
autocorrect

Excuse my language, but... HOLY SHIT.

Spoiler

15170771_1363057387099624_14030188752658

121 times!!!

Are you using SG??? ARE YOU???? YOU BETTER!! >:(

Edited by DJVD

I'm RWing SG for the boss, yeah.

My RW will be Pal. Cecil forever, and I'm not using native SG unless I'm that desperate.

Besides, it seems mitigation (SG + Protectga/Shellga) does very little against the Mote Boss. :/ I have to rely on RNG and hope he staggers often. Ugh.

You might have to Breakdown + Full Break while you're at it. It's more effective if you use Soul Breaks that do that. I used Cait Sith's Full Break SB, and Vaan's SB to stack them the most. Only dealt 1,000~1,700 damage when its MAG was reduced when he did his RES-ignoring ability (so glad he didn't spam it like the annoying bosses do). But you get the idea, Breakdown, Full Break, SG and Shellga are the key, and put on as many fire-resisting equipment as you can on your characters.
Also, in your case, you won't need Protectga. Just put Cecil in the back row and put Draw Fire (Use Gaia Cross instead if you have that, it's better) on him. A simple Power Breakdown will suffice afterwards. Just heal him once every two or so turns, since Ifrit tends to attack two or four times.

Basically, if you want to make things easier on you, I suggest you have this kind of party:
A Draw Fire/Gaia Cross character (if you're uncertain, you can add Protectga to the character just to minimize the damage)
Tyro with his SG, and add Magic Breakdown + Full Break on him (Yes, native SG is pretty much a must, here). give him Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teachings RM.
Someone who can use Shell and heal every turn, maybe an AoE healing-SB user (with Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teachings RM just for emergency)
Two of your highest MAG characters (even better if both of them can use Darkness abilities. Momento Mori will raise the damage output by a HUGE amount when exploiting Ifrit's weakness). As their RM, add Attunement II and Prey on the Weak. (it's actually WAY better to add Scholar's Boon which is Tyro's MC3 RM, but I dunno if you have that or not).
And Moonfrost Arrow as your RW, like I did. Assuming you're using high MAG mages, and they both used Momento Mori, and both of the mages RW summoned Arrows afterwards, they'll both be dealing around 28~30k per character, 56~60k per turn. Without Memento Mori, it's around 32k per turn. Mori isn't even necessary though, it just speeds up the process Ifrit.

Trust me, you'll beat Ifrit easier this way. If you think you won't need a native SG, you're gonna be in for the long haul. lol

I was wondering why you said moonfrost arrows until you mentioned Ifrit.

Dude, I said the the FF13 Mote Boss. XD The one in the tower? :p

I don't feel ready to face Ifrit yet.

So. FF8 event is out.
FF3 event didn't have a spare MC3 lode like every event so far has had...

Now I'm sitting here without a level 99 FF8 character. >:(

....I'll be spending the next MC3 lode on FF6 Terra. I do need someone with high magic now, after all.

They released Kain's MC3...

... So tempted.

Also, I noticed Multiplayer Open Beta 2 has ACTUAL REWARDS. I went in, but I kept getting kicked by the only raid party out there. ;_;

They released Auron's MC3 as well... And I just recently got his BSB thanks to the Black Friday banner.
Hmmm.... And Thancred. Who is a ninja... You know what that means.... HIGH DAMAGE WITH SCROLLS.
And Zell??? Who I want to try and get his BSB from this banner!? OH LAWD, I CAN'T BE MAD WITH THESE CHOICES!
Well, I could. I can only pick one MC3 at a time. xD

Maybe try hosting a party? That's what I do every time. I only have to wait up to like three minutes for everyone to join in and be fully ready by then.

Started a Raid.

ID: 2554

Screw it, just come find "AegisRst" on Dark Dragon Heroic.

Edit: Done for now. We need our own FFRK Discord or something. >.>

I know it's little late for me to post this now, but I'm not gonna be in the multiplayer event. Not until I finish the +++ dungeon tomorrow. And that'll be sometime after noon (I'm on coast time). Sorry!
I'll be able to join a raid you started afterwards, though! I'll bring Tyro and Auron to the raid.

I just inputted the level 99 stats for the new MC3 guys. Assuming you don't give him any SB mastery or RS boosts...

Kain has the 4th highest HP (technically 3rd, since two characters above him are tied) out of all the characters. 7,280 HP.
Kain has the highest ATK out of all of FF4 characters now, at 211 ATK. Sabin has the overall highest ATK, at 213. Some are tied at 212.
Kain is #15 in terms of DEF, at 164. Cecil still has the highest at 209. (makes sense, though)

Now, ASSUMING you used ALL RS boosts and SB mastery on Kain...
Kain has the 3rd highest HP at 8,150.
Kain is pretty far down the list in ATK. #20 in ranking, he has 254 ATK.
Kain isn't so bad when it comes to DEF, though. #13 at 184 DEF.

And Kain, out of all the FF4 characters, has the highest average stats. His average, due to ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND/SPD, is 162 at normal, and 172.66 with all the stat boosts.

Just thought it'd be interesting to share.

On another note, I think your worst nightmare just got announced in JP.

Spoiler

111.png

YES, THAT'S RIGHT. IT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU THINK.

Kain having the highest ATK makes sense. He's a dragoon--DPS.

... yay, a TAY event.

Someone shoot me now. Actually, shoot the specific people at DeNa or person, who designed the event. >.>

To be honest, it can't be THAT bad. It'll probably be rematches with previous FF4 bosses, all while introducing Ceodore. You also finally get Kain's Holy Knight Dragoon outfit, so there's that. I was hoping Ursula would be added too, but it turns out Ceodore's the only TAY character being added at the moment. Oh well.

...But since Crisis Core, X-2 and TAY are now a part of FFRK, I wonder what other prequel/sequel/spin-off games will be added in. I HOPE TYPE-0. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE ADD TYPE-0.

I would like to get FF4 DS version costumes for Cecil and a few others to be honest. And yeah, it's not like I have to live through the awful story of TAY.

Let's hope for Type-0. :)

Ayyy, good job!
Just got an amazing pull!

Spoiler

15220160_1367440736661289_28122838589470

great pull
10/10
would pull again
best thing ever
Fran Burst Soul Break ftw
want another one
please give me a second
I want dupes
this is awesome
10/10

After wasting my mythril on that stupid half-off, I won't have enough for a 50-mythril pull on the FF3 banner by the time it ends... I was hoping to attempt to pull Onion Knight's Burst. Oh well. I'll still try to get Zell's Burst, though.... Or maybe save up and try to get the upcoming Burst for Shadow instead? ;-; I DON'T KNOW!!!

Shadow's Burst infuses you with Dark, and the burst commands are the standard "4-hit 1 target, 2-hit all targets" only while it's dark elemental attacks. BUT IT'S ALSO A REDUCED CAST TIME, much like Vaan's Burst commands... So maybe I will save up for Shadow instead... Zell's Burst isn't exactly elemental.

Edited by DJVD

Also, I just finished maxing out the first half of OK's RS pool.

Spoiler

vEwjGlC.png

I need more Wisdom and Spirit motes. For some reason, in every event so far, we get much less of those motes than the other motes. :S

I think I'll be able to fill out the 4* motes with no problem once I get enough 3* ones.

Nice job. And that was a wonderful pull, man. I couldn't ask for a better one myself, I mean that totally beats out P. Cecil's OSB, right? ;p

And thank you! It's nice to finally mash a Mote Boss.

Okay, so the multiplayer dungeons round 3 came out, and I wasn't expecting that. I should've, because that was announced in kongbakpao it would be. Soooo, I'll have enough for a 11-pull on the FF3 banner by tomrrow morning, thanks to the thanksgiving thing. I really hope I get OK's Burst. He'll be a permanent party member if I do.

Speaking of the Multiplayer dungeon, I recently did the new Ultimate+ dungeon.

Spoiler

I think that was my smoothest Multiplayer run yet. Well, it was, until the last 30 seconds. A certain SOMEONE forgot to reapply Protectga on time >_>
Weird thing is, we didn't even use SG or Stoneskin II in this fight. And yet, the fight was super easy o.o