5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay so Dart told me I could talk about the tournament on this thread so here's my copy/paste from DF :

Since I don't know where to post on the other forum I'm just going to talk about a few of my concerns here :

-Dave's stupid rule should be defined more clearly

-I may be rusty but from my experience I'm pretty sure BF>BF>BF is not actually an infinite, the opponent will always be able to dodge, even with landing lag. For me this was just a way to mix up BF with something like Aerial Circle so that if they dodge they get hit by the HP Attack. 
I really don't think that this is an infinite and I think the reason BF>BF>BF works is because of the threat of the HP attack in case of a block/dodge.

-The counterpicking system strongly disadvantages one trick ponies but I guess this issue has already been discussed (I don't mind it tbh)

-I don't understand why equipping Counter Summons should be mandatory. I have always liked the mindgame that consists in not putting on your summon to waste your opponent's summonner accessories. Was this rule made to ensure a free 1,69 multiplier for everyone? 
I guess this was made so that builds like EX Core ones aren't crushed entirely because of an unequipped summon, I can respect that but I don't think that's the best way to go. Just a matter of opinion I guess.

-I'm wondering why Order's Sanctuary isn't in the Match 1 stage choices

-

Counterpicking

-Round 1 agree to a matchup or blind pick

For every following match of the set:

-Round losing player bans 1 character from the opponent's roster and picks the next stage

-Round winning player then announces their character

-Round losing player then picks their character

-Character bans do not carry over between rounds

-No limit on character use (you can use the same character the entire set unless the opponent bans that character)

I think it's clearer this way, because the use of Round 2 is confusing

-What is the required equipment? I assume it's PPSSPP with the NA version of the game but then what do I need? Hamachi? Something else? I think this should be mentionned somewhere.

Thanks for reading, and I hope this tournament will be glorious :)

I will edit this post for my own signup or make another one when I know I'll be available, but I'm looking forward to it ShaHAA

Edited by Mogstache

Posted (edited)

The BF > BF and Stun > Retribution only work a set amount of times depending on spacing during the opponent's Landing Lag.
It's not a true infinite unlike the Zid SbS infinite with Seph Assist that has no actual end.

I don't like mandatory C-Summon either, if my Build doesn't use it and has something better, I don't want it and I'm not the only one who has Builds excluding it.

For a list of the actual Infinites , you'd have to find Narolf's Thread back on DF.
I myself had no luck finding a banned member's posts .-.

Edited by Mericus

Here ye, here ye! To all who witness here today, a proceeding and final determination will occur regarding the case of Bash Broz v BR VII…

On February 5th, 2017, a match occurred between Kurp (Zidane, AKA Blaklite, AKA iTriggered, AKA ChocolateShake) and VII (Exdeath, AKA Lag Surfin’) on Orphan’s Cradle. The initial match was ended prematurely due to a accidental summon activation. By the grace of the BB TO’s, the match was awarded a “redo” to resolve the issue. The two players commenced the redo and finished the match in its entirety. However, it was discovered by Mr. Kurp and Ms. Irae (AKA Chase Who**) that VII had altered his customization in comparison to the initial match (i.e. “Auto Assist Lock” was engaged in the initial match, but then disengaged in the redo match).

After confronting VII about the accusation, VII denied the claim, despite the witnesses claiming, otherwise. Because of the allegations above, the following charges are present:

- Failing to obey a lawful order
- Deceit
- Poor sportsmanship

Concerning these charges, the Bash Broz Committee has come to a decision regarding the fate of Duck Dynasty, Winner’s Bracket, Round 3…

Regarding Player VII of Duck Dynasty, the evidence against you and the evidence for you, you are hereby DISQUALIFIED from the Duck Dynasty Tournament.

Let this be a lesson for all of you before you decide to try and cheat your opponent's...